Parameters determination of hydromechanization technologies for the dumps development as technogenic deposits
Borys Blyuss1, Yevhen Semenenko1, Olha Medvedieva1, Serhii Kyrychko1, Aibolat Karatayev2
1Institute of Geotechnical Mechanics named by N. Poljakov of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Dnipro, 49005, Ukraine
2Zhezkazgan Baikonurov University, Zhezkazgan, 100600, Kazakhstan
Min. miner. depos. 2020, 14(1):51-61
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Determination and substantiation of the hydromechanization technologies parameters and the hydraulic transport operation modes for mining the technogenic deposits formed as a result of the enrichment waste storing in tailing dumps of mining and processing enterprises.
Methods. A comprehensive multi-stage analytical approach has been used in a paper when performing research. Initially, in order to substantiate the hydromechanization technologies parameters, the parameters of the pulp-preparation unit have been analytically determined in this paper, which are limited by the value of the upper dam edge, taking into account the types of hydraulic mixture. At the second stage, dependences have been set for calculating the critical velocity of hydraulic transporting the pulps with different concentration (low, mean, and high). The next research stage was to determine the head and rate specification (HRS) of the hydrotransport pipeline and the required capacity of the hydraulic mixture, which will enable substantiating the parameters for the corresponding mining complex in the technogenic deposits development.
Findings. A critical pipeline diameter has been set with the prescribed parameters of the mining complex and the adopted pulp preparation system. Dependences have been found for calculating the critical velocity of hydraulic transportation of mean- and highly-concentrated pulps. The head and rate specifications have been determined of the tailing hydrotransport pipeline.
Originality.For the first time it has been revealed that the critical diameter value is determined by the product of two terms – the first one takes into account the effect of the mining complex productivity, and the second – the dependence on the pulp preparation system parameters. This makes possible to control the parameters and modes of hydromechanization technologies when mining technogenic deposits formed as a result of storing the enrichment waste in tailing ponds.
Practical implications. The “Recommendations for substantiating the parameters of the processes of accumulating capacity restoring of a pond with the use of hydromechanization devices” and “Methods for calculating the parameters for hydraulic transportation of highly-concentrated hydraulic mixtures”, have been developed, which may be useful for design organizations and mining-metallurgical enterprises to provide additional volumes of raw material output and increase the tailing ponds lifetime.
Keywords: hydraulic transport, technogenic deposits, hydraulic mixture, head and rate specification (HRS), high concentration
- Rubinstein, J.B., & Linev, B.I. (2016). Technogenic coal deposits: Actual status and processing prospects. XVIII International Coal Preparation Congress, 311-315. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40943-6_45
- Nurpeisovа, M., Kirgizbaeva, D., Kopzhasaruly, K., & Bek, A. (2015). Integrated sustaining of technogenic mine structures. New Developments in Mining Engineering, 199-204. https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-36
- Malanchuk, Z., Malanchuk, Y., Korniyenko, V., & Ignatyuk, I. (2017). Examining features of the process of heavy metals distribution in technogenic placers at hydraulic mining. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1(10(85)), 45-51. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.92638
- Abalakov, A.D., & Bazarova, N.B. (2018). Assessment of the technogenic impact of the mining industry on the environment of the economic corridors “China – Mongolia – Russia” of the territory of Mongolia and the Baikal region. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 190(1), 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/190/1/012021
- Popovych, V., & Voloshchyshyn, A.Â.I. (2019). Environmental impact of devastated landscapes of Volhynian upland and male Polisya (Ukraine). Environmental Research, Engineering and Management, 75(3), 33-45. https://doi.org/10.5755/j01.erem.75.3.23323
- Sun, Y., Zhou, A., & Zhen, L. (2016). The progress and review of fine coal pulp-mixing technology. XVIII International Coal Preparation Congress, 371-375. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40943-6_55
- Xu, Y., Yan, Y., Yue, X., Zhu, Z., & Zhang, D. (2014). A new fluff pulp preparation technology. Chung-Kuo Tsao Chih. China Pulp and Paper, 33(2), 34-39.
- Pivnyak, G., Samusia, V., Oksen, Y., & Radiuk, M. (2015). Efficiency increase of heat pump technology for waste heat recovery in coal mines. New Developments in Mining Engineering 2015: Theoretical and Practical Solutions of Mineral Resources Mining, 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-2
- Yongtai, P., Jun, L., Wenchang, L., & Qinggang, G. (2016). The golden decade of the rapid development of China’s coal preparation equipment. Xviii International Coal Preparation Congress, 525-530. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40943-6_80
- Bondarenko, A.A. (2018). Theoretical bases of pulp suction process in the shallow dredge underwater face. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (3), 22-29.
- Bondarenko, A.A. (2018). Modeling of interaction of inclined surfaces of a hydraulic classifier with a flow of solid particles. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (4), 13-20.
- Malanchuk, Z., Korniyenko, V., Malanchuk, Y., & Khrystyuk, A. (2016). Results of experimental studies of amber extraction by hydromechanical method in Ukraine. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3(10(81)), 24-28. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.72404
- Malanchuk, Y., Moshynskyi, V., Korniienko, V., & Malanchuk, Z. (2018). Modeling the process of hydromechanical amber extraction. E3S Web of Conferences, (60), 00005. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20186000005
- Malanchuk, Z., Korniienko, V., Malanchuk, Y., & Moshynskyi, V. (2019). Analyzing vibration effect on amber buoying up velocity. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01018. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301018
- Golshani, T., Jorjani, E., Chelgani, S.C., Shafaei, S.Z., & Nafechi, Y.H. (2013). Modeling and process optimization for microbial desulfurization of coal by using a two-level full factorial design. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 23(2), 261-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmst.2013.04.009
- Kangal, M.O., Özer, M., Burat, F., & Akin, S. (2018). Evaluation of thrace region fine coal tailings. Bulletin of the Mineral Research and Exploration, (157), 207-215. https://doi.org/10.19111/bulletinofmre.428324
- Karabyn, V., Shtain, B., & Popovych, V. (2018). Thermal regimes of spontaneous firing coal washing waste sites. News of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Series of Geology and Technical Sciences, 3(429), 64-74.
- Zheng, P., Li, W.Q., Jiang, L., & Qin, C.R. (2014). Study on technology of pre-hydrolysis pretreament in bagasse dissolving pulp preparation process. Advanced Materials Research, (886), 204-211. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.886.204
- Kurchenko, I.P., Filippenko, Y.N., Mavrenko, G.A., & Fedoseeva, S.O. (2010). New coal flotation technology regulated by the intake degree of the air and reagents. International Coal Preparation Congress 2010, 471-477.
- Medvedieva, O., Kyrychko, S., Nykyforova, N., & Koval, N. (2019). Substantiation of the parameters of the tailings storage core during the storing of the cleaning rejects by hydraulic method. E3S Web of Conferences, (109). https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201910900056
- Kalybekov, T., Rysbekov, K., & Zhakypbek, Y. (2015). Efficient land use in open-cut mining. New Developments in Mining Engineering 2015: Theoretical and Practical Solutions of Mineral Resources Mining, 287-291. https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-51
- Stupnik, M., Kolosov, V., Kalinichenko, V., & Pismennyi, S. (2014). Physical modeling of waste inclusions stability during mining of complex structured deposits. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining, 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1201/b1754
- Mlynarczykowska, A., Nowak, A., & Tupek, K. (2016). Flotation of hard coal in saline water. E3S Web of Conferences, (8), 01004. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20160801004
- Marchenko, N.V., Alekseeva, T.V., & Chubarov, A.V. (2014). Intensification of process of thickening of zinc production pulps. Tsvetnye Metally, (3), 10-13.
- Popovych, V., Stepova, K., & Prydatko, O. (2018). Environmental hazard of Novoyavorivsk municipal landfill. MATEC Web of Conferences, (247), 00025. https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201824700025
- Medvedev, A.S., Kirov, S.S., Khayrullina, R.T., & Suss, A.G. (2016). Carbonization leaching of scandium from red mud with preliminary pulp gassing by carbonic acid. Tsvetnye Metally, (6), 67-73. https://doi.org/10.17580/tsm.2016.06.09
- Semenenko, Y., Kril, S., Medvedieva, O., Nykyforova, N., & Tatarko, L. (2019). Calculation of pressure loss and critical velocity for slurry flows with additive agents in vertical polyethylene pipelines. E3S Web of Conferences, (109), 00083. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201910900083
- Malanchuk, Z.R., Moshynskyi, V.S., Korniienko, V.Y., Malanchuk, Y.Z., & Lozynskyi, V.H. (2019). Substantiating parameters of zeolite-smectite puff-stone washout and migration within an extraction chamber. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 11-18. https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2019-6/2
- Popovych, V., Voloshchyshyn, A., Rudenko, D., & Popovych, N. (2019). Geochemical properties of water under the waste heaps in Chervonohrad mining region. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01035. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301035
- Kalybekov, T., Sandibekov, M., Rysbekov, K., & Zhakypbek, Y. (2019). Substantiation of ways to reclaim the space of the previously mined-out quarries for the recreational purposes. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01004. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301004
- Kuzlo, M.T., Moshynskyi, V.S., & Martyniuk, P.M. (2018). Mathematical modelling of soil massif's deformations under its drainage. International Journal of Applied Mathematics, 31(6), 751-762. https://doi.org/10.12732/ijam.v31i6.5
- Tarasenko, I.A., Zinkov, A.V., Chudaev, O.V., Vetoshkina, A.V., & Holodilov, I.I. (2017). Technogenic effect of liquidation of coal mines on earth’s entrails: Hydrogeochemical aspect. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 87(4), 1-5. https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/87/4/04202
- Chui, Y.V., Moshynskyi, V.S., Martyniuk, P.M., & Stepanchenko, O.M. (2018). On conjugation conditions in the filtration problems upon existence of semipermeable inclusions. JP Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 15(3), 609-619. https://doi.org/10.17654/hm015030609
- Petlovanyi, M., Kuzmenko, O., Lozynskyi, V., Popovych, V., Sai, K., & Saik, P. (2019). Review of man-made mineral formations accumulation and prospects of their developing in mining industrial regions in Ukraine. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(1), 24-38. ttps://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.01.024
- Semenenko, E.V. (2011). Scientific basis for the technology of hydromechanization of open development of titanium-zircon alluvial deposits. Kyiv, Ukraine: Naukova dumka. Makharadze, L.I., Gochitashvili, T.Sh., Krill, S.I., & Smoylivska, L.A. (2006). Pipeline hydrotransport of solid bulk materials. Tbilisi, Georgia: Metsniereba.
- Baranov, Yu.D., Blyuss, B.A., Semenenko, E.V., & Shurygin, V.D. (2006). Justification of the parameters and modes of operation of the systems of hydrotransport mining. Dnipro, Ukraine: New Ideology.
- Gumenik, I.L., Sokil, A.M., Semenenko, E.V., & Shurygin, V.D. (2001). Problems of development of placer deposits. Dnipro, Ukraine: Sich.
- Bulat, A.F., Dzyuba, S.V., & Sokil, A.M. (2003). Methodology of determining the boundaries of area of stable conditions of aspiration systems at the mining and metallurgical enterprises. Metallurgicheskaya i Gornorudnaya Promyshlennost, 89-92.
- Kyrychko, S.N., & Semenenko, E.V. (2013). Justification of the method of calculating the hydraulic slope during the flow of the pulp with the concentration of paste. Geotechnical Mechanics, (110), 121-134.
- Baranov, Yu.D., Shurygin, V.D., Blyuss, B.A., & Semenenko, E.V. (2006). Selection and justification of the parameters of the circulating water supply system of Volnogorsky MMC. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, (4), 100-103.
- Semenenko, E.V., & Saenko, V.V. (1999). Selection of the diameter of the pipeline of the hydrotransport complex taking into account the parameters of the transported material. Geotechnical Mechanics, (12), 17-21.
- Aleksanrov, V.I. (2000). Methods to reduce energy consumption in the hydraulic transportation of mixtures of high concentration. Saint-Petersburg, Russia: SPGGI (TU).
- Kyrychko, S.N., Rtischev, A.B., & Semenenko, E.V. (2014). Rheological parameters of highly concentrated waste treatment plant TsGOK. Miners Forum, 177-183.
- Blyus, B.A., & Golovach, N.A. (1999). Improving the pre-enrichment technology of ilmenite ores. Dnipro, Ukraine: Polygraphist.
- Blyus, B.A., Sokil, A.M., & Goman, O.G. (1999). The problems of gravitational enrichment of titanium-zircon sands. Dnipro, Ukraine: Polygraphist.
- Bragin, B.F., Markundovich, F.D., & Chernetska, N.B. Design of constructions and systems of pipeline and other types of transport. Lugansk, Ukraine: View of the SNU name V. Dal.
- Bulat, A.F., Vitushko, O.V., & Semenenko, E.V. (2010). Models of elements of hydraulic systems of mining enterprises. Dnipro, Ukraine: M.S. Polyakov Institute of Geotechnical Mechanics under the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Medvedeva, O.A. (2014). Technological solutions for the development of technogenic deposits of the Krivbass mining and processing complex. Miners Forum, 154-161.
- Medvedeva, O.A. (2012). Analysis and state-of-the-art storage of mineral processing products. Enrichment of minerals, 51(92), 22-29.
- Medvedeva, O.A. (2013). Substantiation of technologies for joint storage of enrichment wastes with various degrees of thickening. Geotechnical Mechanics, (109), 134-142.
- Blyuss, B.A. (2003). Scientific basis for modeling processes in the enrichment technologies of titanium-zircon placers. Scientific and Technical Collection of Scientific Works, 18(59), 79-92.
- Kril, S.I. (1990). Pressure suspended flows. Kyiv, Ukraine: Naukova dumka.
- Svitlyi, Yu.G. (2010). Hydraulic transport of solid materials. Donetsk, Ukraine: Eastern publishing house.
- Slyusarchuk, V.E. (1983). Exponential dichotomy for solutions of discrete systems. Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, 35(1), 98-103. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01093176
- Medvedeva, O. (2015). Development and exploitation of storages of enrichment process wastes as anthropogenic deposits. New Developments in Mining Engineering 2015: Theoretical and Practical Solutions of Mineral Resources Mining, 567-573. https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-98
- Semenenko, E., & Kirichko, S. (2015). Grounds of parameters of high concentrated pulps storage technologies. New Developments in Mining Engineering 2015: Theoretical and Practical Solutions of Mineral Resources Mining, 373-377. https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-65