Determining patterns of the geomechanical factors influence on the fastening system loading in the preparatory mine workings
Volodymyr Bondarenko1, Hennadii Symanovych1, Mykhailo Barabash2, Oleksandr Husiev3, Ildar Salieiev4
1Dnipro University of Technology, Dnipro, 49005, Ukraine1Dnipro University of Technology, Dnipro, 49005, Ukraine
2LLC “DTEK Energy”, Kyiv, 01032, Ukraine
3MM “Dniprovske”, PJSC “DTEK Pavlohradvuhillia”, Pavlohrad, 51400, Ukraine
4PJSC “Donetsksteel” – Iron and Steel Works”, Kyiv, 01133, Ukraine
Min. miner. depos. 2020, 14(1):44-50
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Substantiation of calculating the rational parameters of reaction and yielding property of the fastening system in the preparatory mine workings.
Methods. The stress-strain state analysis of the “massif – support” system and the normative documents on support calculation of the preparatory mine workings to determine the patterns of link between the fastening system parameters and the main geomechanical factors.
Findings. The patterns of geomechanical factors influence on the parameters of reaction and yielding property of the fastening system have been determined, as well as the analytical expressions for their calculation have been obtained.
Originality.Correlation-dispersion analysis of the optimization data has revealed a stable exponential relation between the parameters of reaction and the yielding property of support with an index H/R, regardless of the coal-bearing massif structure.
Practical implications. Calculation of the deformation-strength characteristic of the fastening system has been developed depending on the mining and geological conditions of maintaining the preparatory mine working.
Keywords: preparatory mine working, support, reaction and yielding property of support, characteristic, optimization, calculation
- Yu, S., Wu, A., Wang, Y., & Li, T. (2017). Pre-reinforcement grout in fractured rock masses and numerical simulation for optimizing shrinkage stoping configuration. Journal of Central South University, 24(12), 2924-2931. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-017-3706-3
- Guan, K., Zhu, W.C., Niu, L.L., & Wang, Q.Y. (2017). Three-dimensional upper bound limit analysis of supported cavity roof with arbitrary profile in Hoek-Brown rock mass. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, (69), 147-154. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2017.06.016
- Santos, V., Da Silva, P.F., & Brito, M.G. (2018). Estimating RMR values for underground excavations in a rock mass. Minerals, 8(3). https://doi.org/10.3390/min8030078
- Chen, Q., Qin, S., & Yin, T. (2019). Study on solution to the maximum movable region of the surrounding rock in fractured rock mass roadways. Journal of Mining and Safety Engineering, 36(2), 240-247. https://doi.org/10.13545/j.cnki.jmse.2019.02.004
- Li, G., Ma, F., Liu, G., Zhao, H., & Guo, J. (2019). A strain-softening constitutive model of heterogeneous rock mass considering statistical damage and its application in numerical modeling of deep roadways. Sustainability, 11(8), 2-19. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11082399
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevska, I., Symanovych, G., Sotskov, V., & Barabash, M. (2018). Geomechanics of interference between the operation modes of mine working support elements at their loading. Mining Science, (25), 219-235. https://doi.org/10.5277/msc182515
- Toderas, M. (2014). Rock massif – support mechanical interaction models proposed for the geomechanical conditions from Petrila colliery, Romania. Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology Management, SGEM, 3(1) 521-528.
- Janas, P., Janas, K., Koubova, L., & Krejsa, M. (2017). Modelling of closed steel supports for underground and mining works. Key Engineering Materials, (754), 313-316. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.754.313
- Symanovych, G., Demydov, M., & Chervatuk, V. (2013). Influence mechanism of rock mass structure forming a stress on a face support. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits 2013, 77-81. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-14
- Lu, Y., Liu, C., Zhou, J., & Chen, X. (2017). Failure structure characteristics of strata with upper thin and lower thick strata in ultra-close coal seams with simultaneous mining and relationship between shield and surrounding rock. Caikuang Yu Anquan Gongcheng Xuebao/Journal of Mining and Safety Engineering, 34(5), 832-837 and 860. https://doi.org/doi:10.13545/j.cnki.jmse.2017.05.002
- Xie, S., Pan, H., Zeng, J., Wang, E., Chen, D., Zhang, T., & Qiao, S. (2019). A case study on control technology of surrounding rock of a large section chamber under a 1200-m deep goaf in Xingdong coal mine, China. Engineering Failure Analysis, (104), 112-125. https://doi.org/doi:10.1016/j.engfailanal.2019.05.039
- Kovalevska, I., Pilecki, Z., Husiev, O., & Snihur, V. (2019). Assessment of the mutual influence of deformation-strength characteristics of the fastening system elements. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01006. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301006
- Bondarenko, V., Symanovych, H., Kicki, J., Barabash, M., & Salieiev, I. (2019). The influence of rigidity of the collapsed roof rocks in the mined-out space on the state of the preparatory mine workings. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(2), 27-33. https://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.02.027
- Kovalevska, I., Zhuravkov, M., Chervatiuk, V., Husiev, O., & Snihur, V. (2019). Generalization of trends in the influence of geomechanics factors on the choice of operation modes for the fastening system in the preparatory mine workings. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(3), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.03.001
- Prusek, S., Rajwa, S., Wrana, A., & Krzemień, A. (2017). Assessment of roof fall risk in longwall coal mines. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 31(8), 558-574. https://doi.org/10.1080/17480930.2016.1200897
- Kovalevs’ka, I., Symanovych, G., & Fomychov, V. (2013). Research of stress-strain state of cracked coal-containing massif near-the-working area using finite elements technique. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits 2013, 159-163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1201/b16354-28
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevs’ka, I., & Ganushevych, K. (2014). Progressive technologies of coal, coalbed methane, and ores mining. London, United Kingdom: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group. https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547
- Pivnyak, G.G., & Shashenko, O.M. (2015). Innovations and safety for coal mines in Ukraine. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 118-121.
- Piwniak, G.G., Bondarenko, V.I., Salli, V.I., Pavlenko, I.I., & Dychkovskiy, R.O. (2007). Limits to economic viability of extraction of thin coal seams in Ukraine. Technical, Technological and Economic Aspects of Thin-Seams Coal Mining International Mining Forum 2007, 129-132. https://doi.org/10.1201/noe0415436700.ch16
- Naduty, V., Malanchuk, Z., Malanchuk, Y., & Korniyenko, V. (2016). Research results proving the dependence of the copper concentrate amount recovered from basalt raw material on the electric separator field intensity. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5(5(83)), 19-24. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79524
- Stupnik, M., Kolosov, V., Kalinichenko, V., & Pismennyi, S. (2014). Physical modeling of waste inclusions stability during mining of complex structured deposits. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining, 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547
- Naduty, V., Malanchuk, Z., Malanchuk, E., & Korniyenko, V. (2015). Modeling of vibro screening at fine classification of metallic basalt. New Developments in Mining Engineering 2015: Theoretical and Practical Solutions of Mineral Resources Mining, 441-443.https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-77
- Bondarenko, V., Symanovych, G., & Koval, O. (2012). The mechanism of over-coal thin-layered massif deformation of weak rocks in a longwall. Geomechanical Processes During Underground Mining – Proceedings of the School of Underground Mining, 41-44. https://doi.org/10.1201/b13157-8
- Skipochka, S., Krukovskyi, O., Serhiienko, V., & Krasovskyi, I. (2019). Physical modeling of the rock bolt interaction with the rock massif. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01002. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301002
- Sadovenko, I., & Tymoshchuk, V. (2014). Hydrogeomechanical processes of occurrence in disturbed rock mass by mine workings. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining, 47-51. https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547-10
- Inkin, O., Tishkov, V., Dereviahina, N., & Sotskov, V. (2018). Integrated analysis of geofiltrational parameters in the context of underground coal gasification relying upon calculations and modeling. E3S Web of Conferences, (60), 00035. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20186000035
- Timoshuk, V., Tishkov, V., Inkin, O., & Sherstiuk, E. (2012). Influence of coal layers gasification on bearing rocks. Geomechanical Processes During Underground Mining – Proceedings of the School of Underground Mining, 109-113. https://doi.org/10.1201/b13157-19
- SOU 10.1.00185790.011:2007. (2007). Pidhotovchi vyrobky na polohykh plastakh. Vybir kriplennia, sposobiv i zasobiv okhorony. Standart Minvuhlepromu Ukrainy. Donetsk: Donetskyi vuhilnyi instytut.
- Bock, S., & Prusek, S. (2015) Numerical study of pressure on dams in a backfilled mining shaft based on PFC3D code. Computers and Geotechnics, (66), 230-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2015.02.005
- Majcherczyk, T., Niedbalski, Z., Malkowski, P., & Bednarek, L. (2014). Analysis of yielding steel arch support with rock bolts in mine roadways stability aspect. Archives of Mining Sciences, 59(3), 641-654. https://doi.org/10.2478/amsc-2014-0045
- Bondarenko, V.I., Simanovich, G.A., Kovalevska, I.A., Fomichov, V.V., & Serdiuk, V.P. (2007). Research of rock stresses and deformations around mining workings. Technical, Technological and Economic Aspects of Thin-Seams Coal Mining International Mining Forum 2007, 47-56. https://doi.org/10.1201/noe0415436700.ch6
- Sdvizhkova, Ye.A., Babets, D.V., & Smirnov, A.V. (2014). Support loading of assembly chamber in terms of Western Donbas plough longwall. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5). 26-32.
- Babets, D.V., Sdvyzhkova, O.O., Larionov, M.H., & Tereshchuk, R.M. (2017). Estimation of rock mass stability based on probability approach and rating systems. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (2), 58-64.
- Kovalevska, I., Barabash, M., Husiev, О., & Snihur, V. (2018). Interaction of deformation-strength characteristics of the support load-bearing elements in the preparatory workings. E3S Web of Conferences, (60), 00002. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20186000002
- Małkowski, P., & Ostrowski, Ł. (2019). Convergence monitoring as a basis for numerical analysis of changes of rock-mass quality and Hoek-Brown failure criterion parameters due to longwall excavation. Archives Mining Sciences, 64(1), 93-118. https://doi.org/10.24425/ams.2019.126274
- Lozynskyi, V., Saik, P., Petlovanyi, M., Sai, K., & Malanchyk, Z. (2018). Analytical research of the stress-deformed state in the rock massif around faulting. International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa, (35), 77-88. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/JERA.35.77
- Malanchuk, Z.R., Moshynskyi, V.S., Korniienko, V.Ya., Malanchuk, Ye.Z., & Lozynskyi, V.H. (2019). Substantiating parameters of zeolite-smectite puff-stone washout and migration within an extraction chamber. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 11-18. https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2019-6/2
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevs’ka, I., Svystun, R., & Cherednichenko, Y. (2013). Optimal parameters of wall bolts computation in the united bearing system of extraction workings frame-bolt support. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits 2013, 5-9. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-3
- Bondarenko, V.I., Kharin, Ye.N., Antoshchenko, N.I., & Gasyuk, R.L. (2013). Basic scientific positions of forecast of the dynamics of methane release when mining the gas bearing coal seams. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 24-30.