Applied scientific and systemic problems of the related ore-dressing plants interaction in the event of decommissioning the massif that separates their quarries
Volodymyr Azarian1, Serhii Lutsenko1, Serhii Zhukov1, Andrii Skachkov2, Ruslan Zaiarskyi3, Danylo Titov1
1Kryvyi Rih National University, Kryvyi Rih, 50027, Ukraine
2PJSC “Northern Iron Ore Enrichment Works”, Kryvyi Rih, 50079, Ukraine
3PJSC “ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih”, Kryvyi Rih, 50095, Ukraine
Min. miner. depos. 2020, 14(1):1-10
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Determining the possible and substantiating expedient alternate design and engineering decisions regarding the stage of spacial union of the adjacent quarries belonging to various owners by mining the rock pillar between the No. 3 quarry of PJSC “ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih” and the quarry of PJSC “Southern Mining Factory” with involvement into mining the reserves, extraction of which is possible within the existing mining and land allotments.
Methods. It was used an integrated methodological approach, including mining and geological analysis of the rock massif between two adjacent quarries, which is subject to decommissioning; technical-economical analysis of the operational efficiency of the ore-dressing plant when decreasing the ore mine productivity as a result of cleaning-up the deposit; theoretical substabtiation of design and engineering decisions regarding the quarry objects parameters in the specified conditions and with the efficient development of a rock pillar that separates quarries.
Findings. The state of the projects and plans for the development of mining operations in the No. 3 quarry of PJSC “ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih” and the quarry of PJSC “Southern Mining Factory” has been analyzed, which, in the coming years, indicates their spacial union. It has been revealed that the decommissioning of the rock pillar between the quarries is complicated both spacely and technologically, especially as a result of seismic restrictions, but the proposed solutions and measures simplify and make safe this stage as much as possible. The problem has been defined of reduce in the loading at the dressing plants proportionally to the decline in ore output. The technical-economical calculations substantiate that the corresponding sequential decommissioning the enrichment sections of the ore-dressing plants is expedient at one of the two cooperating ore mining and processing plants.
Originality.An integrated approach has been improved regarding the evolution of mining and processing enterprises at the stage when their quarries approach to the maximum depths and final contours by taking into account adjacent ore mines as a single complex dynamic system. The analytical substantiation of drilling and blasting technology of the rocks destruction has been adapted to the specific conditions of decommissioning the pillar adjacent to both quarries.
Practical implications. It is distinguished their high level of suitability for implementation and use in the designing of mining operations development in the quarries of PJSC “ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih” and PJSC “Southern Mining Factory”.
Keywords: quarry, rock massif, blasting, ore-dressing plant, concentrated product, iron content
- Dryzhenko, A., Moldabayev, S., Shustov, A., Adamchuk, A., & Sarybayev, N. (2017). Open pit mining technology of steeply dipping mineral occurences by steeply inclinedsublayers. 17th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference SGEM2017, Science and Technologies in Geology, Exploration and Mining, 599-605. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2017/13/s03.076
- Anisimov, O., Symonenko, V., Cherniaiev, O., & Shustov, O. (2018). Formation of safety conditions for development of deposits by open mining. E3S Web of Conferences, (60), 00016. https://doi.org/1051/e3sconf/20186000016
- Levytskyi, V., Sobolevskyi, R., & Korobiichuk, V. (2018). The optimization of technological mining parameters in a quarry for dimension stone blocks quality improvement based on photogrammetric techniques of measurement. Rudarsko Geolosko Naftni Zbornik, 33(2), 83-89. https://doi.org/10.17794/rgn.2018.2.8
- Cherniaiev, O.V. (2017). Systematization of the hard rock non-metallic mineral deposits for improvement of their mining technologies. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 11-17.
- Kuzmenko, S., Kaluzhnyi, Y., Moldabayev, S., Shustov, O., & Adamchuk, A. (2019). Optimization of position of the cyclical-and-continuous method complexes when cleaning-up the deep iron ore quarries. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(3), 104-112. https://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.03.104
- Korobiichuk, V., Shamrai, V., Levytskyi, V., Sobolevskyi, R., & Sydorov, O. (2018). Evaluation of the effectiveness of natural stone surface treatment from Ukraine by mechanical and chemical methods. Rudarsko Geolosko Naftni Zbornik, 33(4), 15-21. https://doi.org/10.17794/rgn.2018.4.2
- Abbaspour, H., Drebenstedt, C., Badroddin, M., & Maghaminik, A. (2018). Optimized design of drilling and blasting operations in open pit mines under technical and economic uncertainties by system dynamic modelling. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 28(6), 839-848. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmst.2018.06.009
- Singh, S.P. (2000). New trends in drilling and blasting technology. International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 14(4), 305-315. https://doi.org/10.1080/13895260008953338
- Sobko, B., Lozhnikov, O., Levytskyi, V., & Skyba, G. (2019). Conceptual development of the transition from drill and blast excavation to non-blasting methods for the preparation of mined rock in surface mining. Rudarsko Geolosko Naftni Zbornik, 34(3), 21-28. https://doi.org/10.17794/rgn.2019.3.3
- Dindarloo, S.R., Askarnejad, N.-A., & Ataei, M. (2015). Design of controlled blasting (pre-splitting) in Golegohar iron ore mine, Iran. Mining Technology, 124(1), 64-68. <https://doi.org/10.1179/1743286314y.0000000077
- Paşamehmetoğlu, A.G., Karpuz, C., & Müftüoğlu, Y. (1991). Assessment of blasting efficiency by seismic surveys and rope shovel performance monitoring: A case study. International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 5(2), 89-93.
- Adhikari, G.R. (2000). Empirical methods for the calculation of the specific charge for surface blast design. Fragblast, 4(1), 19-33. https://doi.org/10.1080/13855140009408061
- Rossmanith, H.P., & Uenishi, K. (2006). On size and boundary effects in scaled model blasts-fractures and fragmentation patterns. Fragblast, 10(3-4), 163-211. https://doi.org/10.1080/13855140600953098
- Frimpong, S., Asa, E., & Szymanski, J. (1998). MULSOPS: Multivariate Optimized Pit Shells Simulator for tactical mine planning. International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 12(4), 163-171. https://doi.org/10.1080/09208118908944040
- Fytas, K., Hadjigeorgiou, J., & Collins, J.L. (1993). Production scheduling optimization in open pit mines. International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 7(1), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1080/09208119308964677
- Blom, M., Pearce, A.R., & Stuckey, P.J. (2018). Short-term planning for open pit mines: a review. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 33(5), 318-339. https://doi.org/10.1080/17480930.2018.1448248
- Askari-Nasab, H., Frimpong, S., & Szymanski, J. (2007). Modelling open pit dynamics using discrete simulation. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 21(1), 35-49. https://doi.org/10.1080/17480930600720206
- Arteaga, F., Nehring, M., & Knights, P. (2017). The equipment utilisation versus mining rate trade-off in open pit mining. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 32(7), 495-518. https://doi.org/10.1080/17480930.2017.1306674
- Proekt 02-30-RP-OPZ. (2010). Vybor optimal’nogo rezhima sovmestnoy otrabotki peremychki mezhdu kar’yerom №3 OAO “ArselorMittal Krivoy Rog” i kar’yerom OAO YuGOK s ispol’zovaniem metoda “Krutye sloi”. Khar’kov, Ukraina: Pіvdengіproruda.
- Azaryan, V.A., & Zhukov, S.O. (2017). Sistemnye printsipy i otsenochnyy kriteriy generalizatsii upravleniya kachestvom rudopotokov. Zbіrnyk Naukovykh Prats Natsіonal’noho Hіrnychoho Unіversytetu, (52), 41-46.
- Skachkov, A.A., Zhukov, S.A., & Titov, D.A. (2018). Symmetric blasting of rocks in conditions of open pit with narrow working fields. Book of Abstracts “Innovative Development of Resource-Saving Technologies of Mineral Mining and Processing”, 61-64.
- Onika, S.G., & Gavrik, V.A. (1995). Opredelenie parametrov vzryvnykh rabot i rasstoyaniy, bezopasnykh po deystviyu seysmicheskikh i udarnykh vozdushnykh voln. Krivoy Rog, Ukraina: NIGRI.
- Blizniukov, V.H., & Lutsenko, S.O. (2017). Improvement of technical criteria for comparative evaluation of mining operation options of iron ore open pits. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (1), 44-49.
- Lutsenko, A.S. (2017). Open pits productivity control along with iron ore products demand variation. Quality – Access to Success, 18(S1), 226-230.
- Lutsenko, S.A. (2017). Opredelenie shiriny rabochey ploshchadki i dliny fronta gornykh rabot pri izmenenii proizvoditel’nosti kar’yera po rude. Zbіrnyk Naukovykh Prats Natsіonal’noho Hіrnychoho Unіversytetu, (50), 63-69.
- Bliznyukov, V.G., Navitnii, Y.M., & Bliznyukova, O.Y. (2015). Potential adjustment domain for mine work mode in geometrical analysis of open pit minefield. Gornyi Zhurnal, (5), 50-52. https://doi.org/10.17580/gzh.2015.05.10
- Bass, K.М., Kuvayev, S.M., Plakhotnik, V.V., & Krivda, V.V. (2014). Planar and spatial mathematical motion simulation of the open pit mining vehicles. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (3), 60-65.