Substantiation and development of innovative container technology for rock mass lifting from deep open pits
Bolatkhan Khussan1, Arstanbek Abdiev2, Marat Bitimbayev3, Sergey Kuzmin4, Sayat Issagulov1, Azamat Matayev1
1Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University, Karaganda, Kazakhstan
2Kyrgyz State Technical University, Bishkek, Kyrgystan
3National Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Almaty, Kazakhstan
4Rudny Industrial Institute, Rudny, Kazakhstan
Min. miner. depos. 2022, 16(4):87-95
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. The research purpose is to substantiate the rational parameters of innovative container technology for transporting mine rocks in open pits with account of technological advantages.
Methods. The winding machine normal operation was determined by calculation performed. The container metal structure was designed in the environment of the Compass-3D software complex. The structural elements were tested for normal operation using computer modeling methods in the APM WinMachine 9.7 program, which gives the possibility to obtain the strength calculation values.
Findings. The results of modeling the stresses on the wall of the container and the frame, as well as the yield strength are presented. The test calculation confirms the technical feasibility for operating the dragline-based mine winding machines. The influence of the container capacity on the performance of the winding machine has been determined and the dependence of the economic efficiency of the container technology introduction at the open pit depth has been revealed.
Originality. For the first time, on the basis of computer modeling, the parameters of stress distribution on the container wall have been substantiated when performing a strength calculation. It has been determined that the maximum stress in the container wall is 117.52 N/mm2; the principal stress value is 83.85 N/mm2. The safety factor for yield strength is 1.8. The maximum load acting on the structure is 957.5 kgf, which does not exceed the calculated value.
Practical implications. The practical importance is to improve mining efficiency, reduce the cost of transporting rocks and ensure automatic container unloading. The use of replaceable containers in open pits can significantly change the formation principles of shovels and transport complexes, increase their performance and the efficiency of shovels in the main processes.
Keywords: deep open pit, open-pit mining operations, mining practice, rocks
- Fedotenko, V.S., Vlasov, A.V., Kliver, S.Y., & Shadrunov, A.G. (2020). Justification of conditions and parameters for designing of mining systems in construction and operation of complex conveyor ore transportation in deep open-cast mines. Gornaya Promyshlennost, (5), 102-107. https://doi.org/10.30686/1609-9192-2020-5-102-107
- Sakantsev, G.G., Sakantsev, M.G., Cheskidov, V.I., & Norri, V.K. (2014). Improvement of deep-level mining systems based on optimization of accessing and open pit mine parameters. Journal of Mining Science, 50(4), 714-718. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1062739114040127
- Moldabayev, S., Sultanbekova, Z., Adamchuk, A., & Sarybayev, N. (2019). Method of optimizing cyclic and con-tinuous technology complexes location during finalization of mining deep ore open pit mines. SGEM International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference, (19), 407-414. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2019/1.3/S03.052
- Issabek, Т.K., Imashev, A.Z., Bakhtybayev, N.B., & Zeitinova, S.B. (2019). To the problem of selecting vertical shafts location with combined geotechnology of developing deposits. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (2), 5-12. https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2019-2/3
- Xie, H., Pan, Y., Luan, J., Yang, X., & Xi, Y. (2020). Semantic segmentation of open pit mining area based on remote sensing shallow features and deep learning. Proceedings of the International Conference on Big Data Analytics for Cyber-Physical-Systems, 52-59. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-33-4572-0_8
- Isabek, T., Bahtybaeva, A., Imashev, A., Nemova, N., & Sudarikov, A. (2014). Dilatancy at rock fracture. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining, 259-266. https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547-44
- Dakieva, K.Z., Tusupova, Z.B., Zhautikova, S.B., Loseva, I.V., Dzhangozina, D.N., Beysembaeva, R.S., & Zhamanbaeva, M.K. (2018). Studying the benefits of green workplace environment on health promotion in sympathoadrenal and Kallikrein-Kinin systems. Ekoloji, 27(106), 1087-1097.
- Dairbekova, G., Zhautikov, B., Zobnin, N., Bekmagambetov, D., & Tolubayeva, D. (2021). Use of Si-composite aspiration dusts production in the creation of thin-film anodes. Metalurgija, 60(3-4), 419-422.
- Abdikadirova, H.R., Amreeva, K.E., Kalishev, M.G., & Zhautikova, S.B. (2019). Evaluation of the efectiveness of alimentary correction of pathological changes in hepatic tissue under the inf fluence of industrial copper-containing dust in the experiment. Meditsina Truda i Promyshlennaya Ekologiya, 59(7), 438-443. https://doi.org/10.31089/1026-9428-2019-59-7-438-443
- Zhaslan, R.K., Zhautikov, B.A., Romanov, V.I., Aikeyeva, A.A., & Yerzhanov, A.S. (2022). Improvement of methods for semi-finished carbon product tapping from the basic oxygen furnace. Metalurgija, 61(1), 203-205.
- Bejsebaev, A.M., Bitimbaev, M.Zh., Krupnik, L.A., & Tsekhovoj, A.F. (2001). The role of central Asian mining and industrial union in the development of mining and metallurgical complex in Kazakhstan. Gornyi Zhurnal, (11), 10-13.
- Dubuisson, E.M. (2022). Whose World? Discourses of protection for land, environment, and natural resources in Kazakhstan. Problems of Post-Communism, 69(4-5), 410-422. https://doi.org/10.1080/10758216.2020.1788398
- Kurmanov, N., Petrova, M., & Suleimenova, S. (2019). Development of a scientific and innovative sphere in earth resources mining sector of Kazakhstan. E3S Web of Conferences, (105), 04045. https://doi.org/10.32014/2019.2518-170X.58
- Rakishev, B.M. (2016). Role and prospects of mineral-raw materials resource in development of economy of Kazakhstan. News of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Series of Geology and Technical Sciences, 2(416), 29-39.
- Naimanbayev, M., Bekturganov, N., Lokhova, N., & Baltabekova, J. (2012). Current status of rare mineral resources base of Kazakhstan. Innovative Processing for Sustainable Growth, 3650-3654.
- Sobko, B., Haidin, A., Lozhnikov, O., & Jarosz, J. (2019). Method for calculating the groundwater inflow into pit when mining the placer deposits by dredger. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01025. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301025
- Gholamnejad, J., Azimi, A., Lotfian, R., Kasmaeeyazdi, S., & Tinti, F. (2020). The application of a stockpile stochastic model into long-term open pit mine production scheduling to improve the feed grade for the processing plant. Rudarsko-Geološko-Naftni Zbornik, 35(4), 115-129. https://doi.org/10.17794/rgn.2020.4.10
- Narodkhan, D., Isabek, T.K., Khodjaev, R.R., & Khuangan, N. (2020). Numerical simulation of the stability of the sides of coal mines under the influence of distributed loads. Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories, 12(3), 428-435. https://doi.org/10.21177/1998-4502-2020-12-3-428-435
- Abdullayev, S.S., Bondar, I.S., Bakyt, G.B., Ashirbayev, G.K., Budiukin, A.M., & Baubekov, Y.Y. (2021). Interaction of frame structures with rolling stock. News of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Series of Geology and Technical Sciences, 1(445), 22-28. https://doi.org/10.32014/2021.2518-170X.3
- Taran, I.A. (2012). Laws of power transmission on branches of double-split hydrostatic mechanical transmissions. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (2), 69-75.
- Taran, I. (2012). Interrelation of circular transfer ratio of double-split transmissions with regulation characteristic in case of planetary gear output. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (3), 78-85.
- Nurić, A., & Nurić, S. (2019). Numerical modeling of transport roads in open pit mines. Journal of Sustainable Mining, 18(1), 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsm.2019.02.005
- Zhussupov, K., Toktamyssova, A., Abdullayev, S., Bakyt, G., & Yessengaliyev, M. (2018). Investigation of the stress-strain state of a wheel flange of the locomotive by the method of finite element modeling. Mechanics, 24(2), 174-181. https://doi.org/10.5755/j01.mech.24.2.17637
- Abdullayev, S., Tokmurzina, N., & Bakyt, G. (2016). The determination of admissible speed of locomotives on the railway tracks of the republic of Kazakhstan. Transport Problems, 11(1), 61-68. https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2016.11.1.6
- Bakyt, G., Abdullayev, S., Suleyeva, N., Yelshibekov, A., Seidemetova, Z., & Sadvakassova, Z. (2020). Simulation of dynamic processes of interaction of car and railway track during train passage of curved sections of the track. Transport Problems, 15(2), 45-70. https://doi.org/10.21307/TP-2020-020
- Vlasova, E., Кovalenko, V., & Kotok, V. (2016). Research of the mechanism of formation and properties of tripolyphosphate coating on the steel basis. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5(5(83)), 33-39. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79559
- Abdullayev, S.S., Bakyt, G.B., Aikumbekov, M.N., Bondar, I.S., & Auyesbayev, Y.T. (2021). Determination of natural modes of railway overpasses. Journal of Applied Research and Technology, 19(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.22201/icat.24486736e.2021.19.1.1487
- Stupnik, M., Kolosov, V., Pysmennyi, S., & Kostiantyn, K. (2019). Selective mining of complex stuctured ore deposits by open stop systems. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01007. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301007
- Cherniaiev, O.V. (2017). Systematization of the hard rock non-metallic mineral deposits for improvement of their mining technologies. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 11-17.
- Nemova, N.A., Tahanov, D., Hussan, B., & Zhumabekova, A. (2020). Technological solutions development for mining adjacent rock mass and pit reserves taking into account geomechanical assessment of the deposit. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (2), 17-23. https://doi.org/10.33271/nvngu/2020-2/017
- Khuanbai, E.K., Sal’keeva, A.K., Syzdykov, A.K., Bimbetova, G.M., Kopbalina, K.B., & Khusan, B.K. (2016). X-ray phase analysis and electronic structure of NdCaBiO and GdSrBiO bismutites. Russian Physics Journal, 59(7), 1120-1122. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11182-016-0880-y
- Zhautikov, B.A., & Aikeyeva, A.A. (2018). Development of the system for air gap adjustment and skip protection of electromagnetic lifting unit. Journal of Mining Institute, (229), 62-69. https://doi.org/10.25515/PMI.2018.1.62
- Goncharov, S. (2003). Strategiya energosberezheniya v razrabotke mestorozhdeniy zheleznoy rudy. Trudy Universitetov. Gornyy Zhurnal, 5-10.
- Gumenik, I., & Lozhnikov, O. (2015). Current condition of damaged lands by surface mining in Ukraine and its influence on environment. New Developments in Mining Engineering 2015: Theoretical and Practical Solutions of Mineral Resources Mining, 139-145. https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-26
- Dabbagh, A., & Bagherpour, R. (2019). Investigating the applicability of imperialist competitive algorithm in the problem of allocating truck to the open pit mine. Rudarsko-Geološko-Naftni Zbornik, 34(2), 35-42. https://doi.org/10.17794/rgn.2019.2.4
- Yakovlev, V. (2002). Nekotorye iz perspektivnykh napravleniy v oblasti kar’era. Materialy Mezhdunarodnoy Nauchno-Tekhnicheskoy Konferentsii po Transportu, 15-20.
- Bitimbaev, M.Zh., Kuz’min, S.L., Maulyanbaev, T.I., Osadchiy, V.I., & Oryngozhin, E.S. (2015). Primenenie konteynernoy tekhnologii dlya otkrytykh gornykh rabot. Almaty, Kazakhstan: Aleshan, 96 s.
- Kuzmin, S., Kadnikova, O., Altynbayeva, G., Turbit, A., & Khabdullina, Z. (2020). Development of a new environmentally-friendly technology for transportation of mined rock in the opencast mining. Environmental and Climate Technologies, 24(1), 341-356. https://doi.org/10.2478/rtuect-2020-0019
- Kadnikova, O., Altynbayeva, G., Kuzmin, S., Aidarkhanov, A., & Shaldykova, B. (2018). Recycling of production waste as a way to improve environmental conditions. Energy Procedia, (147), 402-408. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2018.07.110
- Hussan, B., Takhanov, D.K., Oralbay, A.O., & Kuzmin, S.L. (2021). Assessing the quality of drilling-and-blasting operations at the open pit limiting contour. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 42-48. https://doi.org/10.33271/nvngu/2021-6/042
- Zhuravlev, A.G., Tarasov, P.I., Yakovlev, V.L. (2011). Novye spetsializirovannye vidy transporta dlya gornyh rabot. Ekaterinburg, Rossiya: UrO RAN, 375 s.
- Oggeri, C, Fenoglio, T, Godio, A, & Vinai, R. (2019). Overburden management in open pits: Options and limits in large limestone quarries. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 29(2), 217-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmst.2018.06.011
- Sladkowski, A., Utegenova, A., Elemesov, K., & Stolpovskikh, I. (2017). Determining of the rational capacity of a bunker for cyclic-and-continuous technology in quarries. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 29-33.
- Stevens, R. (2014). Mineral exploration and mining essentials. British Colombia, Canada: Pakawau GeoManagement Inc. British Columbia Institute of Technology, 317 p.
- Dryzhenko, A., Moldabayev, S., Shustov, A., Adamchuk, A., & Sarybayev, N. (2017). Open pit mining technology of steeply dipping mineral occurences by steeply inclined sublayers. International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology Management, 17(13), 599-606. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2017/13/s03.076
- Bitimbaev, M.Zh., Kuz’min, S.L., & Tyurbit, A.N. (2018). Oborudovanie dlya transportirovaniya porody na gornykh rabotakh. Patent #33091, Rossiya.