Effectiveness of ventilation regulation in a simple diagonal system of underground mines
Izet Zeqiri1, Jahir Gashi2, Frasher Brahimaj1, Rafet Zeqiri1
1University of Mitrovica “Isa Boletini”, Mitrovicë, Kosovo
2The Independent Commission for Mines and Minerals, Prishtinë, Kosovo
Min. miner. depos. 2022, 16(2):81-86
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Each ventilation system has its own important elements, such as the various branches of the system, which can be connected in a normal and diagonal pattern, ventilation regulators and fans. Based on a professional approach to the analysis of this aeration system, a comparison of reliability results has been conducted, which indicates the real state of the microclimate in underground mines, affecting the increase in the prospects for the development of mining activity.
Methods. This paper deals with the problem of ventilation in underground mines, especially in diagonal systems, and the importance of regulating ventilation to provide the required amount of air (Q, m3/min) through the entire system, taking into account the determination of the main fan depression.
Findings. To ensure the required (designed) amount of air through the system branches, various methods of effective regulation are used in mining engineering. Therefore, based on research and measurements in different mine workings, our findings provide complete safety and comfort of microclimate during mining activity.
Originality. The measurements performed and the database created according to the values and results obtained from the analytical calculations present the best possible estimate, which is substantiated in the paper.
Practical implications. The problem of calculating and regulating aeration for a simple diagonal system has been solved, taking into account the determination of the main mine fan depression before and after the use of aeration regulators.
Keywords: volume of air, ventilation system, adjusting sockets, aerodynamic resistance, ventilator, mine
- Abrashi, R. (1985). Ajrimi i minierave. Pristina, Kosovo: University of Prishtina.
- Rafet, Z. (2020). Annual planning of ore and Pb, Zn, Ag metals production in Trepça mine in Stantërg. Mining, 59(2), 129-136. https://doi.org/10.30797/madencilik.758020
- Goskolli, E. (2018). Inxhinieria e ajrimit të minierave. Tiranë, Albania: University of Tirana.
- Zeqiri, I. (2012). Designing of new underground mining facilities with dual function in the pb-zn mine of Mazhiq. SGEM2012 12th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference, (1), 523-530. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2012/s03.v1016
- Zeqiri, I., Gashi. J., & Zeqiri, R. (2012). Designing of new under-ground mining facilities with dual function in the Pb-Zn mine of Ma-zhiq. Ecology, Economics, Education and Legislation, (1).
- Izet, Z., Shyqri, K., Jahir, G., Rafet, Z., & Ibrahim, K. (2011). The exploitation system of securing backbone in upper levels “Trepça”mine Stantërg. SGEM2012 12th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2011/s03.144
- Zeqiri, I., Gashi, J., & Zeqiri, R. (2011). The impact of arming methods in security scale during the application of frontal methods in mine Trepca in Stanterg. SGEM2011 11th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2011/s03.145
- Rafet, Z. (2020). Geostatistical analysis of the nickel source in Gllavica mine, Kosovo. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 14(2), 53-58. https://doi.org/10.33271/mining14.02.053
- Materiali, M (2004). Arkivi i minierës së gllavicës – “Ferronikel”.
- Zeqiri, R. (2012). Geostatistics in modern mining planning. Journal of International Environmental Application and Science, 7(2), 310-317.
- Rafet, Z., Jahir, G., Muhamedin, H., Gzim, I. (2016). Distribution of valuable metals in various horizons of “Trepça” mine. Journal International Application & Science, 11(4), 346-350.
- Zeqiri, R., Riheb, H., Karim, Z., Younes, G., Raina, B., & Aniss, M. (2019). Analysis of safety factor of security plates in the mine “Trepça” Stantërg. Mining Science, (26), 21-36. https://doi.org/10.37190/msc192602
- Zeqiri, R.R., Gashi, J., & Kutllovci, F. (2019). Stability analysis of security pillars with dimension 10×10 m fromed by ore of mineral body during the exploitation of the “Trepça” mine in Stantërg. Mining Science, (26), 37-44. https://doi.org/10.37190/msc192603
- Kelmendi, Sh., Zeqiri, I., & Rafet, Z. (2012). Decomposition of flotation process - precondition for mathematical modeling. SGEM2011 11th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2012/s04.v2002
- Goskolli, E. (2007). Stabilizimi i ajrimit në rast zjarresh. Tiranë, Albania: University of Tirana.
- Zeqiri, I. (n.d.). Ajrimi i minierave II (ligjerata të autorizuara). Pristina, Kosovo: University of Prishtina.
- Kelmendi, Sh., & Zeqiri, I. (2006). Mathematical methods in engineering. Pristina, Kosovo: University of Prishtina.
- Pariseau, G.E. (2007). Design analysis in rock mechanics. London, United Kingdom: Taylor & Francis Group.https://doi.org/10.1201/9780203968253
- Goskolli, E. (2006). Ajrimi i punimeve nëntokësore. Tiranë, Albania: University of Tirana.