Substantiation of mining-technical and environmental safety of underground mining of complex-structure ore deposits
Vasyl Lyashenko1, Boris Andreev2, Tamara Dudar3
1Ukrainian Research and Development and Survey Institute of Industrial Technology, Zhovti Vody, Ukraine
2Kryvyi Rih National University, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine
3National Aviation University, Kyiv, Ukraine
Min. miner. depos. 2022, 16(1):43-51
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Substantiation of mining-technical and environmental safety of underground mining of complex-structure ore deposits based on the study of a rock mass stress-strain state (SSS), as well as determining the safe parameters of stopes for specific mining-geological conditions and patterns of rock pressure propagation in various environments.
Methods. To assess the improvement of mining-technical and environmental safety of mining operations, the research includes theoretical generalizations with the use of mathematical statistics, physical and mathematical modeling, performing calculations, as well as technical and economic feasibility, laboratory and full-scale experimental studies, industrial tests in mine conditions and on the earth's surface in the zone of blasting influence, based on the standard and new methods.
Findings. A functional interrelation between the rock mass SSS value and the number of impulses (destruction sounds) per minute, characterizing its structural (а) and strength (b) properties, is proposed, which is described by a curvilinear dependence of the type y = axb and allows to quickly determine the stable parameters of stopes. Assessment and prediction are made for various forms of rock pressure manifestation, based on the stress concentration coefficient within 0.91 Kv 0.70, taking into account the conditions of the elastic behavior of rocks. The value of = 0.0002-0.0003 is taken as permissible relative deformation, which ensures both mining-technical and environmental safety, as well as the rock mass stability during repeated blasting operations.
Originality. A classification of the rock mass SSS has been developed depending on the direction of the maximum stresses relative to the mine working location, the level of the rock mass stress state and the mechanism of rock pressure manifestation (η), as well as the category of rock-bump hazard. In particular, the rock mass with the values in the range oof 0.12 < η ≤0.2; 0.2 < η ≤ 0.3; 0.3 < η ≤ 0.5 and η > 0.5 are classified as non-rock-bump hazardous and belong to III, II, and I hazard categories, respectively.
Practical implications. To substantiate the safe parameters of stopes based on the results of multi-year research into underground mining of complex-structure deposits, depending on the rock mass properties, a graphical-analytic method (nomographic charts and calculation formulas) is recommended. These parameters are determined for highly fractured, medium fractured and weakly fractured rock mass with its horizontal outcropping to the surface. Using this method, the Instruction on the Geomechanical Substantiation of the Safe Mining of the Reserves at the Skhidnyi Hirnycho-Zbahachuvalnyi Kombinat, DP (SE VostGOK), Ukraine, has been developed.
Keywords: complex-structure deposits, underground mining, geomechanics, blasting operations, seismic, mining-technical and environmental safety
- Khomyakov, V.I. (1984). Foreign experience of laying in mines. Moscow, Russian Federation: Nedra, 224 s.
- Sleptsov, M.N., Azimov, R.Sch., & Mosinets, V.N. (1986). Underground mining of non-ferrous and rare metals. Moscow, Russian Federation: Nedra, 206 p.
- Kononenko, M., & Khomenko, O. (2010). Technology of support of workings near to extraction chambers. New Techniques and Technologies in Mining – Proceedings of the School of Underground Mining, 193-197. https://doi:10.1201/b11329-32
- Kolumbetova, K.K. (2021). Relationship between rock deformation and the geophysical and fluid processes of the Earth’s crust. Vestnik KazNRTU, 143(4), 31-40. https://doi.org/10.51301/vest.su.2021.i4.05
- Lozynskyi, V., Saik, P., Petlovanyi, M., Sai, K., Malanchuk, Z., & Malanchuk, Y. (2018). Substantiation into mass and heat balance for underground coal gasification in faulting zones. Inzynieria Mineralna, 19(2), 289-300. https://doi.org/10.29227/IM-2018-02-36
- Lyashenko, V., Chekushina, T., Dudar, T., & Lisovoy, I. (220). Environmental and resource-saving technologies for void extinguishing during underground ore mining. Ecology and Industry of Russia, 24(8), 28-33. https://doi.org/10.18412/1816-0395-2020-8-28-33
- Khomenko, O., Kononenko, M., & Bilegsaikhan, J. (2018). Classification of theories about rock pressure. Solid State Phenomena, (277), 157-167. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/SSP.277.157
- Kryshtanovych, M., Akimova, L., Akimov, O., Kubiniy, N., & Marhitich, V. (2021). Modeling the Process of Forming the Safety Potential of Engineering Enterprises. International Journal of Safety and Security Engineering, 11(3), 223-230. https://doi.org/10.18280/ijsse.110302
- Khomenko, O., Kononenko, M., & Lyashenko, V. (2019). Safe mining of granites at the manganese ore deposits of Ukraine. Bezopasnost’ Truda v Promyshlennosti, (1), 53-61. https://doi.org/10.24000/0409-2961-2019-1-53-61
- Khomenko, O., & Lyashenko, V. (2019). Improvement of the mine technical safety for the underground workings. Bezopasnost’ Truda v Promyshlennosti, (4), 43-51. https://doi.org/10.24000/0409-2961-2019-4-43-51
- Nurpeissova М., Rysbekov, K., Kenesbayeva А., Bekbassarov, Z., & Levin, E. (2021). Simulation of geodynamic processes. Vestnik Kaznrtu, 143(4), 16-24. https://doi.org/10.51301/vest.su.2021.i4.03
- Babets, D.V., Sdvyzhkova, O.O., Larionov, M.H., & Tereshchuk, R.M. (2017). Estimation of rock mass stability based on probability approach and rating systems. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (2), 58-64.
- Baryakh, A.A. (2010). Geomechanics: synthesis of theory and experiment. Geo-resources development strategy and processes. Proceedings of the session of the Mining Institute of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (pp. 78-79). Perm, Russian Federation: Mining Institute of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Kuzmin, Yu.O., & Zhukov, V.C. (2012). Modern geodynamics and variations of physical properties of rocks. Moscow, Russian Federation: Gornaya kniga, 264 p.
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevska, I., Symanovych, H., Poimanov, S., & Pochepov, V. (2020). Method for optimizing the protecting pillars parameters in underground coal mining. E3S Web of Conferences, (166), 02009. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202016602009
- Khomenko, O., Kononenko, M., & Myronova, I. (2013). Blasting works technology to decrease an emission of harmful matters into the mine atmosphere. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposit, 231-235. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-43
- Trubetskoi, K.N., Zakharov, V.N., Viktorov, S.D., Zharikov, I.F., & Zakalinskii, V.M. (201). Explosive destruction of rocks during mining. Problemy Nedropolzovaniia, (3), 80-95.
- Stupnik, M.I., Kalinichenko, V.O., Kalinichenko, O.V., Muzika, I.O., Fed'ko, M.B., & Pis'menniy, S.V. (2015). The research of strain-stress state of magnetite quartzite deposit massif in the condition of mine “Gigant-Gliboka” of central iron ore enrichment works (CGOK). Metallurgical and Mining Industry, (7), 377-382.
- Abdiev, A.R. (2002). Evaluation of the stressed-strained state of rock massif for brown coal deposit in Kara-Keche. Gornyi Zhurnal, (10), 70-72.
- Golik, V.I., Komashchenko, V.I., Morkun, V.S, & Lyashenko, V.I. (2015). Increasing the completeness of the use of subsoil, taking into account the stresses in the combined development of fields. Mining Bulletin: Scientific and Technical Collection, (100), 68-74.
- Chistyakov, E.P.(2006). Improving the methods of maintaining underground mine workings in the mines of the Kryvyi Rih basin. Bulletin of the Kryvyi Rih Technical University, (13), 16-20.
- Abekov, U.Y., & Dyomin, V.F. (2020). Support of contours of roadwaysin unstable rocks. Vestnik Kaznrtu, 141(5), 130-134.
- Eremenko, V.A., Esina, E.N., & Semenyakin, E.N. (2015). Technology of operational monitoring of the stress-strain state of the developed rock mass. Gornyi Zhurnal, (8), 42-47. https://doi.org/10.17580/gzh.2015.08.10
- Khomenko, O.Ye. (2012). Implementation of energy method in study of zonal disintegration of rocks. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (4), 44-54.
- Khomenko, O., & Kononenko, M. (2018). Safe development of the decorative jaspilites in the energetically disturbed massifs. Bezopasnost’ Truda v Promyshlennosti, (8), 15-23. https://doi.org/10.24000/0409-2961-2018-8-15-23
- Ulanova, N., Sdvyzhkova, O., & Prikhodko, V. (2014). Optimization of room-and-pillar method parameters under conditions of limestone rocks. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining, 511-516. https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547
- Petlovanyi, M., Lozynskyi, V., Zubko, S., Saik, P., & Sai, K. (2019). The influence of geology and ore deposit occurrence conditions on dilution indicators of extracted reserves. Rudarsko Geolosko Naftni Zbornik, 34(1), 83-91. https://doi.org/10.17794/rgn.2019.1.8
- Khomenko, O., Kononenko, M., Kovalenko, I., & Astafiev, D. (2018). Self-regulating roof-bolting with the rock pressure energy use. E3S Web of Conferences, (60), 00009. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20186000009
- Bazaluk, O., Petlovanyi, M., Lozynskyi, V., Zubko, S., Sai, K., & Saik, P. (2021). Sustainable underground iron ore mining in Ukraine with backfilling worked-out area. Sustainability, (13), 834. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13020834
- Golik, V.I., Razorenov, Y.I., Kachurin, N.M., & Lyashenko, V.I. (2020). Safety study of the parameters of the system of development with collapse. Occupational Safety in Industry, (1), 16-20. https://doi.org/10.24000/0409-2961-2020-1-16-20
- Lyashenko, V.I., & Khomenko, O.E. (2019). Enhancement of confined blasting of ore. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin, (11), 59-72. https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2019-11-0-59-72
- Viktorov, S.D. (2019). Mechanics of movement and destruction of rocks. Moscow, Russian Federation: RAS Publishing.
- Eremenko, V.A., Aibinder, I.I., Patskevich, P.G., & Babkin, E.A. (2017). Assessment of the state of the rock mass at the mines of the Polar Division of OJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin, (1), 5-17.
- Golik, V.I., & Komashchenko, V.I. (2017). Waste of enrichment of ferruginous quartzites as a raw material for additional extraction of metals and use as filling mixtures. Gornyi Zhurnal, (3), 43-47. https://doi.org/10.17580/gzh.2017.03.08
- Golik, V.I., Razorenov, Yu.I., & Karginov, K.G. (2017). The basis for sustainable development of North Ossetia – Alania is the mining industry. Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories, 9(2(32)), 163-171. https://doi.org/10.21177/1998-4502-2017-9-2-163-171
- Kaplunov, D.R., & Radchenko, D.N. (2017). Principles of design and selection of technologies for the development of subsoil, providing sustainable development of underground mines. Gornyi Zhurnal, (11), 121-125.
- Kozyrev, A.A., Panin, V.I., Semenova, I.E., & Zhuravleva, O.G. (201). Geodynamic safety of mining in rockburst conditions on the example of the Khibiny apatite deposits. Physical and Technical Problems of Mining, (5), 33-44. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1062739118054832
- Zhabko, A.V. (2020). The criterion of block media strength and geomechanical back-calculation. News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal, (6), 37-47. https://doi.org/10.21440/0536-1028-2020-6-37-47
- Lyashenko, V.I., Khomenko, O.E., Andreev, B.N., & Golik, V.I. (2021). Justification of drill and blast pattern designs for ore treatment before in-situ leaching. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin, (3), 58-71. https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2021-3-0-58-71
- Zubkov, A.V., & Sentiabov, S.V. (2020). New approaches to the assessment of stability of rock rock arrays. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin, 3(1), 68-77. https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2020-31-0-68-77
- Pavlychenko, A., & Kovalenko, A. (2013). The investigation of rock dumps influence to the levels of heavy metals contamination of soil. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 237-238. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-43
- Gorova, A., Pavlychenko, A., & Borysovs’ka, O. (2013). The study of ecological state of waste disposal areas of energy and mining companies. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 169-172. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-29
- Baimukhanbetova, E., Onaltayev, D., Daumova, G., Amralinova, B., & Amangeldiyev, A. (2020). Improvement of informational technologies in ecology. E3S Web of Conferences, (159), 01008. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202015901008
- Viktorov, S.D., Zakalinskii, V.M., Shipovskii, I.E., & Mingazov, R.Ia. (2020). New aspect of drilling development and application in modern conditions of mineral deposits exploitation. News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal, (6), 5-13. https://doi.org/10.21440/0536-1028-2020-6-5-13
- Golik, V.I., Dmitrak, Yu.V., Gabaraev, O.Z., & Zasseev, I.A. (2021). Prospects for the development of deposits in Ossetia. Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories, 13(1(47)), 103-111. https://doi.org/10.21177/1998-4502-2021-13-1-103-111
- Mambetov, S.A., Mambetov, A.S., & Abdiev, A.R. (2002). Zonal and step-by-step evaluation of the stressed-strained state of Tyan’-Shan’ rock massif. Gornyi Zhurnal, (10), 57-62.
- Zubkov, A.V., & Sentiabov, S.V. (2021). Rock pressure control methods based on detected regularities of stress formation in mining structures. News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal, (2), 14-25. https://doi.org/10.21440/0536-1028-2021-2-14-25