Research into technology of fastening the mine workings in the conditions of unstable masses
Azamat Matayev1, Arstanbek Abdiev2, Adilzhan Kydrashov1, Aibek Musin1, Natalia Khvatina3, Dinara Kaumetova1
1Karaganda Technical University, Karaganda, 100017, Kazakhstan
2Kyrgyz State Mining University, Bishkek, 720001, Kyrgyzstan
3Kokshetau University named after Shokan Ualikhanov, Kokshetau, 20000, Kazakhstan
Min. miner. depos. 2021, 15(3):78-86
Full text (PDF)
Purpose.Determination of the rock stability along the strike of the mass, where the drift mining of the horizon -480 m is conducted, considering the possibility of using the improved types of supports in the conditions of the 10th Anniversary of Kazakhstan’s Independence mine at the Khromtau field with the substantiation of using the effective type of fastening that increases technical and technological, operational and economic indicators of the mine.
Methods. Numerical modelling of the stress-strain state of the rock mass applied at the mine have been performed using the RS2 software in a two-dimensional formulation. The rock mass state, as well as the physical-mechanical properties of mine rocks are determined according to building codes and regulations (SNiP II-94-80), depending on the category of the rock stability.
Findings. It has been revealed that the combined supports from rock bolts and shotcrete are the most rational type of fastening in the studied mine. The efficiency and prospects of using the combined supports have been determined, which ensure a decrease in their material consumption and cost while increasing the reliability of mine workings and the labor productivity of miners. The use of combined support allows to increase the economy of materials for support by 1.7 times, as well as to increase the drifting rate by 1.6 times in comparison with the metal support.
Originality.The paper proposes a new approach to substantiation of an effective fastening method by comparing the costs when driving horizontal underground mine workings in the mining-and-geological conditions of the 10th Anniversary of Kazakhstan’s Independence mine.
Practical implications.The research results can be used when planning mining operations, in particular, stable fastening methods at the 10th Anniversary of Kazakhstan’s Independence mine of the Khromtay deposit, as well as other mining enterprises with similar mining-and-geological conditions.
Keywords:mine, ore, rock bolt, rock, metal support, drift, deposit
- Kuznetsov, Y.N., & Chernyshov, A.V. (2019). To the issue of ensuring opening strength of the underground mine workings. Occupational Safety in Industry, (1), 19-25. https://doi.org/10.24000/0409-2961-2019-1-19-25
- Pivniak, H.H., Pilov, P.I., Pashkevych, M.S., & Shashenko, D.O. (2012). Synchro-mining: Civilized solution of problems of mining regions’ sustainable operation. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (3), 131-138.
- Arystan, I.D., Abeuov, E.A., & Abdrashev, R.M. (2019). Kreplenie gorizontal'nykh gornykh vyrabotok v usloviyakh shakht Donskogo GOKa. Sovremennye Tendentsii i Innovatsii v Nauke i Proizvodstve, 126.1-126.2.
- Rudakov, D., & Sobolev, V. (2019). A mathematical model of gas flow during coal outburst initiation. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 29(5), 791-796. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmst.2019.02.002
- Omarova, G., Baibatsha, A., & Abdykirova, G.Z. (2019). Flotation enrichment of enrichment factory tailings for use as technogenic ore. International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology Management, 19(1), 195-202. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2019/1.1/s01.024
- Sobolevskyi, R., Korobiichuk, V., Iskov, S., Pavliuk, I., & Kryvoruchko, A. (2016). Exploring the efficiency of applying fractal analysis for the process of decorative stone quality control. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6(3(84)), 32-40. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.85227
- Arystan, I.D., Baizbaev, M.B., Mataev, A.K., Abdieva, L.M., & Bogzhanova, Z.K. (2020). Selection and justification of technology for fixing preparatory workings in unstable massifs on the example of the mine “10 Years of Independence of Kazakhstan”. Ugol, (6), 10-14. https://doi.org/10.18796/0041-5790-2020-6-10-14
- Matayev, A.K., Musin, A., Abdrashev, R.M., Kuantay, A.S., & Kuandykova, A.N. (2021). Substantiating the optimal type of mine working fastening based on mathematical modeling of the stress condition of underground structures. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (3), 57-63. https://doi.org/10.33271/nvngu/2021-3/057
- Hoek, E., Carranza-Torres, C., & Corkum, B. (2002). Hoek-Brown failure criterion-2002 edition. Proceedings of NARMS-Tac, 1(1), 267-273.
- Duncan, J.M. (1996). State of the art: limit equilibrium and finite-element analysis of slopes. Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 122(7), 577-596. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1996)122:7(577)
- Imashev, A.Zh., Bakhtybaev, N.B., Tileukhan, N., Zhunusbekova, G., & Zhakanov, K.K. (2013). Chislennoe modelirovanie geomekhanicheskikh protsessov s pomoshch’yu programmy “Faza 2”. Gornyy Zhurnal Kazakhstana, (7), 10-13.
- Khalymendyk, I., & Baryshnikov, A. (2018). The mechanism of roadway deformation in conditions of laminated rocks. Journal of Sustainable Mining, 17(2), 41-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsm.2018.03.004
- Nurpeissova, M., Bekbassarov, S., Bek, A., Kyrgizbaeva, G., Turisbekov, S., & Ormanbekova, A. (2020). The geodetic monitoring of the engineering structures stability conditions. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 12(11), 9151-9163. https://doi.org/10.3923/jeasci.2017.9151.9163
- Imashev, A., Suimbaeva, A., Zholmagambetov, N., Takhanov, D., & Abdimutalip, N. (2018). Issledovanie vozmozhnykh zon neuprugogo deformirovaniya massiva gornykh porod. Izvestiya Natsional’noy Akademii Nauk Respubliki Kazakhstan, Seriya Geologo-Tekhnicheskikh Nauk, 2(428), 177-184.
- Kieush, L., Boyko, M., Koveria, A., Yaholnyk, M., & Poliakova, N. (2020). Manganese Sinter Production with Wood Biomass Application. Key Engineering Materials, 844, 124-134. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/kem.844.124
- Begalinov, A., Shautenov, M., Almenov, T., Bektur, B., & Zhanakova, R. (2019). Prospects for the effective use of reagents based on sulfur compounds in the technology of extracting gold from resistant types of gold ore. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, 11(8), 1791-1796.
- Shustov, O., Pavlychenko, A., Bondarenko, A., Bielov, O., Borysovska, O., & Abdiev, A. (2021). Substantiation into Parameters of Carbon Fuel Production Technology from Brown Coal. Materials Science Forum, (1045), 90-101. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.1045.90
- Sobolevskyi, R., Korobiichuk, V., Levytskyi, V., Pidvysotskyi, V., Kamskykh, O., & Kovalevych, L. (2020). Optimization of the process of efficiency management of the primary kaolin excavation on the curved face of the conditioned area. Rudarsko-Geološko-Naftni Zbornik, 35(1), 123-137. https://doi.org/10.17794/rgn.2020.1.10
- Nurpeisova, M.B., Sarybaiev, O.A., & Kurmanbaiev, O.S. (2016). Study of regularity of geomechanical processes development while developing deposits by the combined way. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (4), 30-36.
- Sdvizhkova, Ye.A., Babets, D.V., & Smirnov, A.V. (2014). Support loading of assembly chamber in terms of Western Donbas plough longwall. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 26-32.
- Shashenko, A., Gapieiev, S., & Solodyankin, A. (2009). Numerical simulation of the elastic-plastic state of rock mass around horizontal workings. Archives of Mining Sciences, 54(2), 341-348.
- Babets, D.V., Sdvyzhkova, O.O., Larionov, M.H., & Tereshchuk, R.M. (2017). Estimation of rock mass stability based on probability approach and rating systems. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (2), 58-64.
- Sotskov, V., & Saleev, I. (2013). Investigation of the rock massif stress strain state in conditions of the drainage drift overworking. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 197-201. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-35
- Zeynullin, A.A., Abeuov, E.A., Demin, V.F., Aliev, S.B., Kaynazarova, A.S., & Kaynazarov, A.S. (2021). Estimation of ways to maintain mining works based on the application of anchor anchoring in the mines of the Karaganda coal basin. Ugol’, (2), 4-9. https://doi.org/10.18796/0041-5790-2021-2-4-9
- Arystan, I.D., Baizbaev, M.B., & Abdrashev. R.M. (2019). Tekhnologii provedeniya i krepleniya gornykh vyrabotok. Aktobe, Kazakhstan: ARGU im. K. Zhubanova, 99 p.