Nickel discretization and quality review in Gllavica mine, Kosovo
1University of Mitrovica, Mitrovica, 40000, Kosovo
Min. miner. depos. 2021, 15(1):35-41
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Professional approach to mineral deposit evaluation and estimation of Ni is done by modeling the ore body presenting the interest zone to be exploited.
Methods. With the intensive development of professional software dedicated to solving mining problems and ore reserves, Gllavica mine has implemented Surpac v.6.2 software. This software makes it possible to evaluate and estimate mineral deposit of Ni in Kosovo.
Findings. Based on geological exploration, drilling and sampling It was possible to find the quality of the ore, the footwall and hanging wall contact with ore body. The ore grade was examined and determined in the case of longitudinal geological profiles using Surpac v.6.2 Software by digitizing each drilling hole based on a database which was created considering assay, collar and survey files.
Originality.The use of appropriate software, creation of databases according to the values acquired from the field research provides the best possible assessment argued in this paper.
Practical implications. Geological research provides safety during ore exploitation that must be continuous throughout the exploitation phase. Geological research excludes blocks that differ from other blocks in terms of ore quality, so discretization of the source has enabled us to find the real quality and quantity of ore by comparing it with the profile method.
Keywords: mine, nickel, ore grade, exploitation, modeling
- Zeqiri, R. (2020). Geostatistical analysis of the nickel source in Gllavica mine, Kosovo. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 14(2), 53-58.https://doi.org/10.33271/mining14.02.053
- Materiali, M. (2004). Arkivi i minierës së gllavicës. “Ferronikel”.
- Zeqiri, R. (2012). Geostatistics in modern mining planning. Journal of International Environmental Application and Science, 7(2), 310-317.
- Rafet, Z., Jahir, G., Muhamedin, H., & Gzim, I. (2016). Distribution of valuable metals in various horizons of “Trepça” mine. Journal International Application & Science, 11(4), 346-350.
- Kelmendi, Sh., & Zeqiri, I. (2006). Mathematical methods in engineering. Pristina, Kosovo: University of Prishtina.
- Pariseau, G.E. (2007). Design analysis in rock mechanics. London, United Kingdom: Taylor & Francis Group.https://doi.org/10.1201/9780203968253
- Zeqiri, R., Riheb, H., Karim, Z., Younes, G., Rania, B., & Aniss, M. (2019). Analysis of safety factor of security plates in the mine “Trepça” Stantërg. Mining Science, (26), 21-36. https://doi.org/10.37190/msc192602
- Zeqiri, R.R., Gashi, J., & Kutllovci, F. (2019). Stability analysis of security pillars with dimension 10×10 m fromed by ore of mineral body during the exploitation of the “Trepça” mine in Stantërg. Mining Science, (26), 37-44.https://doi.org/10.37190/msc192603
- Zeqiri, I. (2012). Ddesigning of new underground mining facilities with dual function in the Pb-Zn mine of Mazhiq. SGEM2012 12th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference, (1), 523-530.https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2012/s03.v1016
- Zeqiri, I., Gashi, J., & Zeqiri, R. (2012). Designing of new underground mining facilities with dual function in the Pb-Zn mine of Mazhiq. Ecology, Economics, Education and Legislation, (1).
- Zeqiri, I. (2011). The impact of arming methods in security scale during the application of frontal methods in mine Trepca in Stanterg. SGEM2011 11th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2011/s03.145
- Zeqiri, I. (2011). The exploitation system of securing backbone in upper levels – Trepca mine, Stanterg. SGEM2011 11th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2011/s03.144
- Kelmendi, S. (2012). Decomposition of flotation process precondition for mathematical modeling. SGEM2012 12th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference. https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2012/s04.v2002