Analyzing a denitration process in the context of underground well uranium leaching
Khalidilla Yussupov1, Yerbolat Aben1, Armanbek Omirgali1, Azamat Rakhmanberdiyev2
1Satbayev University, Almaty, 50013, Kazakhstan
2LLP “Ortalyk”, Shymkent, 160023, Kazakhstan
Min. miner. depos. 2021, 15(1):127-133
Full text (PDF)
Purpose is to increase a sorbent denitration degree in the context of underground uranium leaching while optimizing reagent concentration as well as a degree of the solution activation on the basis of laboratory research.
Methods. Analysis has been applied as well as scientific generalization of scientific-and-engineering information, laboratory research, statistic processing, and analysis of the research results. The laboratory experiments involved specific mixture to obtain comparative data of sulfuric solution activity and identify optimum degree of the solution activation for denitration. After processing, the solution from activator was analyzed as for its activity; the bulk was poured into a tank for repetitive experiments. First, the research did not involve the solution activation; then, activation with 4-15 minutes was added. Sulfuric acid concentration was 20 and 25 g/dm3; L-S ratio was 1/8; and washing time was 40, 60, and 120 minutes.
Findings. Laboratory research results have been demonstrated concerning sorbent denitration in terms of varying degrees of activation, sulfuric acid concentration, and response time. It has been demonstrated that it is sufficient for washing solution activation to activate reagent only before extra intensification of a mother solution resulting in the reduced volume of the solution being processed and costs. It has been determined that five- to nine-minute activation period is the efficient interval factoring into the decreased nitrate content in the sorbent after washing to compare with 9-18% in terms of a basic technique depending upon a reagent concentration.
Originality.New dependences of a sorbent denitration degree as well as nitrate content within a solution upon sulfuric acid concentration and the solution activation degree have been defined.
Practical implications. Washing solution activation results in the increased denitration degree of a sorbent to compare with the basic technique. The proposed method is more preferable owing to low capital costs. Moreover, it is integrated easily in the available system being also absolutely sustainable.
Keywords: denitration, sorbent, sorption, desorption, activation, sulfuric acid, uranium
- Platzer, M.F., & Sarigul-Klijn, N. (2021). Current status of global energy consumption, production, and storage. SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology, 11-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-58244-9_2
- Fathi, B., Ashena, M., & Bahari, A.R. (2021). Energy, environmental, and economic efficiency in fossil fuel exporting countries: A modified data envelopment analysis approach. Sustainable Production and Consumption, (926), 588-596. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spc.2020.12.030
- Rong, J., & Liu, Z. (2020). Development and prospect of advanced nuclear energy technology. Atomic Energy Science and Technology, 54(9), 1638-1643. https://doi.org/10.7538/yzk.2020.youxian.0348
- Sofu, T. (2018). A roadmap for nuclear energy technology. AIP Conference Proceedings, (1924), 020004. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5020284
- Futter, A., & Zala, B. (2019). Emerging non-nuclear technology and the future of the global nuclear order. Nuclear Disarmament: A Critical Assessment, 207-223. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780429026126-13
- Galiyev, D.A., Uteshov, E.T., & Tekenova, A.T. (2020). Digitalization of technological and organizational processes of mining operations due to the implementation of the installation system and accounting the key indicators. News of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Series of Geology and Technical Sciences, 5(443), 47-53. https://doi.org/10.32014/2020.2518-170x.103
- Lyashenko, V.I., Franchuk, V.P., & Kisly, B.P. (2015). Reengineering of technical-and-technological structure of uranium mine. Gornyi Zhurnal, (1). https://doi.org/10.17580/gzh.2015.01.05
- Kuandykov, T., Nauryzbayeva, D., Yelemessov, K., Karmanov, T., Kakimov, U., & Kolga, A. (2020). Development and justification of a hydro-impulse method for increasing ore permeability in conditions of uranium borehole production. News of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Series of Geology and Technical Sciences, (6), 126-133.
- Nazarova, Z.M., Ovseychuk, V.A., & Lementa, O.Yu. (2016). Rynok urana: Sovremennoe sostoyanie, problemy i perspektivy ego razvitiya. Problemy Sovremennoy Ekonomiki, (2), 159-162.
- Rysbekov, K., Toktarov, A., Kalybekov, T., Moldabayev, S., Yessezhulov, T., & Bakhmagambetova, G. (2020). Mine planning subject to prepared ore reserves rationing. E3S Web of Conference, (168), 00016. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202016800016
- Stupnik, M., Kolosov, V., Kalinichenko, V., & Pismennyi, S. (2014). Physical modeling of waste inclusions stability during mining of complex structured deposits. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining, 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547
- Kalybekov, T., Rysbekov, K., Nаuryzbayeva, D., Toktarov, A., & Zhakypbek, Y. (2020). Substantiation of averaging the content of mined ores with account of their readiness for mining. E3S Web of Conferences, (201), 01039. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202020101039
- Sukhodolov, A.P. (2010). Mirovye zapasy urana: Perspektivy syr’yevogo obespecheniya atomnoy energetiki. Izvestiya Irkutskoy Gosudarstvennoy Ekonomicheskoy Akademii, 4(72), 166-169.
- Boytsov, A. (2014). Worldwide ISL uranium mining outlook: Presentation. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Uranium Raw Material for the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Exploration, Mining, Production, Supply and Demand, Economics and Environmental, 1-23.
- Lyashenko, V.I. (2001). Improvement of mining of mineral resources with combined leaching methods. Gornyi Zhurnal, (1), 28-35.
- Yusupov, Kh.A., & Dzhakupov, D. (2017). Issledovanie primeneniya biftorida ammoniya dlya khimicheskoy obrabotki skvazhin. Gornyy Zhurnal, (4), 57-59.
- Tekhnologicheskiy reglament dobychi i pererabotki urana (rudnik podzemnogo skvazhinnogo vyshchelachivaniya urana mestorozhdenich Tsentral’nyy Mynkuduk-pererabatyvayushchiy kompleks). (2014). Almaty, Kazakhstan: TOO “DP “Ortalyk”, 51 s.
- Volkov, V.P. (2014). Sorbtsionnye protsessy deystvuyushchikh proizvodstv. Moskva, Rossiya: Ruda i metally, 160 s.
- Optimizatsiya parametrorv desorbtsii i denitratsii s tsel’yu snizheniya raskhoda ammiachnoy selitry na uranodobyvayushchem predpriyatiy TOO “DP “Ortalyk”. (2018). Otchet o nauchno-issledovatel’skoy rabote. Almaty, Kazakhstan: Institut vysokikh tekhnologiy, 34 s.
- Aben, E., Markenbayev, Z., Khairullaev, N., Myrzakhmetov, S., & Aben, K. (2019). Study of change in the leaching solution activity after treatment with a cavitator. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(4), 114-120. https://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.04.114