Management of land reclamation quality for agricultural use in opencast mining
Yevgen Terekhov1, Yurii Litvinov1, Volodymyr Fenenko2, Carsten Drebenstedt3
1Dnipro University of Technology, Dnipro, 49005, Ukraine
2Prydniprovska State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Dnipro, 49600, Ukraine
3TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Freiberg, 9599, Germany
Min. miner. depos. 2021, 15(1):112-118
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Theoretical substantiation of principles and development of recommendations for the choice of technological variant to form the quality of lands of technogenic origin, which would ensure rational spending of funds allotted for reclamation and preservation of the reclaimed lands suitability for agricultural use with the highest requirements for agrophysical soil characteristics.
Methods. The following methods were used in the process of the research: the method of theoretical generalization and systematization (to determine the characteristics peculiar to the formation of qualitative characteristics of man-made soil using mechanization of reclamation works), analytical (to determine the factors influencing the effectiveness of land reclamation in opencast mining), comparison (to analyze the efficiency of different versions of reclamation works mechanization).
Findings. The influence of technical means of reclamation works mechanization on the quality of lands subject to restoration in conditions of opencast mining is analyzed. A methodological approach to the choice of mechanization of land reclamation works in respect to the indicators of the formed quality of technogenic agricultural lands as a factor of their monetary valuation and the level of costs for their reproduction is proposed. Recommendations for quality management of man-made lands by technical support of the process of their consumer properties formation, aimed at achieving a favorable ratio between quality and, accordingly, monetary valuation of man-made lands, on the one hand, and, on the other, – the cost of their reclamation.
Originality.A scientific and methodological approach to the choice of technical equipment for reclamation works is proposed, where two factors are considered: reclamation costs and quality of man-made lands, which allows to determine the priority of cost savings or land quality improvement according to the target criterion of reclamation works efficiency.
Practical implications. The obtained results are aimed at improving the methodological bases for management of the man-made lands reclamation process based on the choice of its mechanization means.
Keywords: land quality, reclamation costs, monetary valuation of lands, reclamation technology, reclamation efficiency
- Litvinov, Yu.I. (2018). Tekhnolohichni zasady rozkryttia ta rozrobky horyzontalnykh kariernykh poliv pry obmezhenomu porushenni pryrodnykh resursiv. PhD Thesis. Dnipro, Ukraine: Dniprovska politekhnika, 215 s.
- Zemelnyi Kodeks Ukrainy. (2020). Kyiv, Ukraina: Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy.
- Litvinov, Y., Terekhov, Y., & Fenenko, V. (2019). Improvement of open field development technology as a factor in the formation of quality and market value of reclaimed land. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01045.https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301045
- Prokopenko, V.I., & Mormul, T.M. (2015). Naukovo-prykladni zasady stvorennia zemlezberihaiuchykh tekhnolohii vidkrytoi rozrobky horyzontalnykh rodovyshch. Visnyk NTUU “KPI”. Seriia “Hirnytstvo”, (28), 49-62.
- Shapar, A.H., & Belyakov, V.M. (1991). Povyshennya polnoty vyemky poleznykh iskopamykh na karyerakh. Kyiv, Ukraina: Naukova dumka.
- Vondráčková, T., Voštová, V., & Kraus, M. (2017). Mechanization for optimal landscape reclamation. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, (95), 022042. https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/95/2/022042
- Prokopenko, V.І. (2015). On assessment criteria of efficiency of land resources saving in surface mining. Economic Bulletin of the National Mining University, (2). 183-189.
- Larondelle, N., & Haase, D. (2012). Valuing post-mining landscapes using an ecosystem services approach – An example from Germany. Ecological Indicators, (18), 567-574. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2012.01.008
- Nuric, A., Nuric, S., & Brcaninovic, M. (2014). Redevelopment of mining area. Quaestus Multidisciplinary Research Journal, 267-278.
- Gorova, A., Pavlychenko, A., & Borysovs’Ka, O. (2013). The study of ecological state of waste disposal areas of energy and mining companies. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 169-172. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-29
- Asr, E.T., Kakaie, R., Ataei, M., & Tavakoli Mohammadi, M.R. (2019). A review of studies on sustainable development in mining life cycle. Journal of Cleaner Production, (229), 213-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.05.029
- Rysbekov, K., Toktarov, A., Kalybekov, T., Moldabayev, S., Yessezhulov, T., & Bakhmagambetova, G. (2020). Mine planning subject to prepared ore reserves rationing. E3S Web of Conferences, (168), 00016. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202016800016
- Kuter, N., & Kuter, S. (2015). Land cover/use change assessment using maximum likelihood and support vector machines algorithms in Tunçbilek coal mine area. Environment and Ecology at the Beginning of 21st century (pp. 411-423). Sofia, Bulgaria: St. Kliment Ohridski University Press.
- Kivinen, S. (2017). Sustainable post-mining land use: are closed metal mines abandoned or re-used space? Sustainability, 9(10), 1705. https://doi.org/10.3390/su9101705
- Bubnova, O. (2019). Prediction of changes in the state of the geological environment in the mining region. E3S Web of Conferences, (109), 00009. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201910900009
- Gorova, A., Pavlychenko, A., Borysovs’ka, O., & Krups’ka, L. (2013). The development of methodology for assessment of environmental risk degree in mining regions. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 207-210. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-37
- Pavlychenko, A., & Kovalenko, A. (2013). The investigation of rock dumps influence to the levels of heavy metals contamination of soil. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 237-238. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-43
- Sobko, B.Yu., Lozhnikov, O.V., Haidin, A.M., & Laznikov, O.M. (2016). Substantiation of rational mining method at the motronivskyi titanium-zirconium ore deposit exploration. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 41-48.
- Xu, X., Gu, X., Wang, Q., Gao, X., Liu, J., Wang, Z., & Wang, X. (2018). Production scheduling optimization considering ecological costs for open pit metal mines. Journal of Cleaner Production, (180), 210-221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.01.135
- Vuyeykova, O., Sładkowski, A., Stolpovskikh, I., & Akhmetova, M. (2016). Rationalization of road transport park for the carriage of mining rocks in the open mines. Transport Problems, 11(1), 79-85. https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2016.11.1.8
- Bangian, A.H., Ataei, M., Sayadi, A., & Gholinejad, A. (2012). Optimizing post-mining land use for pit area in open-pit mining using fuzzy decision making method. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 9(4), 613-628. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13762-012-0047-5
- Litvinov, Y., Terekhov, Y., & Fenenko, V. (2019). Improvement of open field development technology as a factor in the formation of quality and market value of reclaimed land. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01045. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301045
- Terekhоv, Y.V., & Lіtvіnоv, Y.І. (2018). Ecо-оrіented management оf manufacturіng and supply actіvіty оf manganese оre raw materіals supplіer. Naukоvyі Vіsnyk Natsіоnalnоhо Hіrnychоhо Unіversytetu, (4), 166-174. https://dоі.оrg/10.29202/nvngu/2018_4/20
- Prokopenko, V.I., Vesel, M.M., & Litvinov, Yu.I. (2015). Sposib rozrobky ustupiv rozkryvnykh porid pry vydobutku horyzontal’noho plasta korysnoi kopalyny. Patent No. 109862, Ukraine.