Stability of the overworked slightly metamorphosed massif around mine working
Iryna Kovalevska1, Volodymyr Samusia1, Dmytro Kolosov1, Vasyl Snihur2, Tetiana Pysmenkova1
1Dnipro University of Technology, Dnipro, 49005, Ukraine
2MM “Dniprovske”, PJSC “DTEK Pavlohradvuhillia”, Pavlohrad, 51400, Ukraine
Min. miner. depos. 2020, 14(2):43-52
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. The study of mechanisms of the overworked slightly metamorphosed massif stability around mine working using the example of laminal rocks in the Western Donbas (Ukraine).
Methods. The analysis of the overworking influence when planning mining operations on the underlying horizons has been made based on the studies of the stress-strain state on the overlying horizons. Attention was paid to the conditions of a slightly metamorphosed coal-bearing rock massif, which has specific mechanical properties and structural peculiarities. A computational experiment by the finite element method has been performed. The model adequacy and the calculation accuracy of the stress-strain state have been proved. The research results have been confirmed by a mine experiment.
Findings. The geomechanical model of the computational experiment has been substantiated, in which the real massif structure, factors of stratification, fracturing, and moisture saturation, which weaken the strength and deformation properties of the rocks, are reflected. The zones of uncontrolled collapse, hinged-block displacement, and smooth deflection of layers without discontinuity have been studied.
Originality.The patterns of the overworking influence on the state of mine workings in the laminal massif of soft rocks have been determined. Therewith, three areas of lithotypes discontinuity throughout a height of a parting have been identified and the stresses components parameters, as well as their compliance with real mining and geological conditions have been analysed.
Practical implications.It has been proved the absence of the overworking influence on the underlying mine workings state in a slightly metamorphosed massif. A comparative analysis with the mine experiment results has been made. The possibility of mining the protecting pillar reserves is shown, which will allow to extract additional coal without attracting significant material resources.
Keywords: rock massif, geomechanical factors, overworking, stress-strain state, support
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevs’ka, I., & Ganushevych, K. (2014). Progressive technologies of coal, coalbed methane, and ores mining. London, United Kingdom: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547
- Sheorey, P., Loui, J., Singh, K., & Singh, S. (2000). Ground subsidence observations and a modified influence function method for complete subsidence prediction. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 37(5), 801-818. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1365-1609(00)00023-x
- Liu, T. (1995). Influence of mining activities on mine rockmass and control engineering. Journal – China Coal Society, 20(1), 1-5.
- Piwniak, G.G., Bondarenko, V.I., Salli, V.I., Pavlenko, I.I., & Dychkovskiy, R.O. (2007). Limits to economic viability of extraction of thin coal seams in Ukraine. Technical, Technological and Economic Aspects of Thin-Seams Coal Mining, International Mining Forum, 129-132. https://doi.org/10.1201/noe0415436700.ch16
- Hou, J., Li, G., Hu, N., & Wang, H. (2019). Simultaneous integrated optimization for underground mine planning: Application and risk analysis of geological uncertainty in a gold deposit. Gospodarka Surowcami Mineralnymi, 35(2), 153-174. https://doi.org/10.24425/gsm.2019.128518
- Kalybekov, T., Rysbekov, K.B., Toktarov, A.A., & Otarbaev, O.M. (2019). Underground mine planning with regard to preparedness of mineral reserves. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin, (5), 34-43.
- Villalba M.M.E., & Kumral, M. (2018). Underground mine planning: stope layout optimisation under grade uncertainty using genetic algorithms. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 33(5), 353-370. https://doi.org/10.1080/17480930.2018.1486692
- Pivnyak, G., Bondarenko, V., Kovalevs’ka, I., & Illiashov, M. (2012). Geomechanical processes during underground mining. London, United Kingdom: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group. https://doi.org/10.1201/b13157
- Bondarenko, V., Symanovych, H., Kicki, J., Barabash, M., & Salieiev, I. (2019). The influence of rigidity of the collapsed roof rocks in the mined-out space on the state of the preparatory mine workings. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(2), 27-33. https://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.02.027
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevska, I., Symanovych, H., Barabash, M., & Snihur, V. (2018). Assessment of parting rock weak zones under the joint and downward mining of coal seams. E3S Web of Conferences, (66), 03001. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20186603001
- Walentek, A., Janoszek, T., Prusek, S., & Wrana, A. (2019). Influence of longwall gateroad convergence on the process of mine ventilation network model tests. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 29(4), 585-590. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmst.2019.06.013
- Prusek, S., Rajwa, S., Wrana, A., & Krzemień, A. (2017). Assessment of roof fall risk in longwall coal mines. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 31(8), 558-574. https://doi.org/10.1080/17480930.2016.1200897
- Yuan, Y., Chen, Z., Xu, C., Zhang, X., & Wei, H. (2018). Permeability enhancement performance and its control factors by auger mining of extremely thin coal seams. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 15(6), 2626-2641. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-2140/aae068
- Yang, D., Li, J., Wang, Y., & Jiang, H. (2017). Research on vibration and deflection for drilling tools of coal auger. Journal of Vibroengineering, 19(7), 4882-4897. https://doi.org/10.21595/jve.2017.18581
- Follington, C., Deeter, I.L., Share, R., & Moolman, D. (2001). A new underground auger mining system. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 101(1), 25-32.
- Li, J.G., & Zhan, K. (2018). Intelligent mining technology for an underground metal mine based on unmanned equipment. Engineering, 4(3), 381-391. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eng.2018.05.013
- Fan, Q., Li, W., Hui, J., Wu, L., Yu, Z., Yan, W., & Zhou, L. (2014). Integrated positioning for coal mining machinery in enclosed underground mine based on SINS/WSN. The Scientific World Journal, (2014), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/460415
- Malkowski, P., & Ostrowski, L. (2019). Convergence monitoring as a basis for numerical analysis of changes of rock-mass quality and Hoek-Brown failure criterion parameters due to longwall excavation. Archives of Mining Sciences, 64(1), 93-118. https://doi.org/10.24425/ams.2019.126274
- Bulat, A.F., Voloshyn, O.I., Potapchuk, I.Y., Yemelianenko, V.I., Zhovtonoha, M.M., Zhevzhyk, O.V., Manigandan, S. (2019). Mathematical modeling of the gas dynamic parameters of impinging heat-transfer medium jet in borehole thermal reaming process. Science and Innovation, 15(3), 17-23. https://doi.org/10.15407/scinе15.03.017
- Sdvizhkova, Ye.A., Babets, D.V., & Smirnov, A.V. (2014). Support loading of assembly chamber in terms of Western Donbas plough longwall. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 26-32.
- Malanchuk, Z.R., Moshynskyi, V.S., Korniienko, V.Y., Malanchuk, Y.Z., & Lozynskyi, V.H. (2019). Substantiating parameters of zeolite-smectite puff-stone washout and migration within an extraction chamber. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 11-18. https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2019-6/2
- Bondarenko, V., Symanovych, G., & Koval, O. (2012). The mechanism of over-coal thin-layered massif deformation of weak rocks in a longwall. Geomechanical Processes During Underground Mining – Proceedings of the School of Underground Mining, 41-44. https://doi.org/10.1201/b13157-8
- Sotskov, V., & Saleev, I. (2013). Investigation of the rock massif stress strain state in conditions of the drainage drift overworking. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 197-201. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-36
- Bondarenko, V.I., Kharin, Ye.N., Antoshchenko, N.I., & Gasyuk, R.L. (2013). Basic scientific positions of forecast of the dynamics of methane release when mining the gas bearing coal seams. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 24-30.
- Khomenko, O.Ye. (2012). Implementation of energy method in study of zonal disintegration of rocks. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (4), 44-54.
- Khalymendyk, I., & Baryshnikov, A. (2018). The mechanism of roadway deformation in conditions of laminated rocks. Journal of Sustainable Mining, 17(2), 41-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsm.2018.03.004
- Barabash, M.V. (2017). Intensyfikatsiia hirnychykh robit pry sumisnomu vidpratsiuvanni vuhil’nykh plastiv z urakhuvanniam zon znemitsnennia mizhplastia. PhD Thesis. Dnipro, Ukraine: NGU.
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevska, I., Husiev, O., Snihur, V., & Salieiev, I. (2019). Concept of workings reuse with application of resource-saving bolting systems. E3S Web of Conferences, (133), 02001. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201913302001
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevska, I., Symanovych, G., Sotskov, V., & Barabash, M. (2018). Geomechanics of interference between the operation modes of mine working support elements at their loading. Mining Science, (25), 219-235. https://doi.org/10.5277/msc182515
- Usachenko, B.M. (1979). Svoystva porod i ustoychovost’ gornykh vyrabotok. Kyiv, Ukraina: Naukova dumka.
- Usachenko, B.M., Kirichenko, V.Ya., & Shmigol’, A.V. (1992). Okhrana podgotovitel'nykh vyrabotok glubokikh gorizontov shakht Zapadnogo Donbassa. Мoskva, Rossiya.
- Usachenko, B.M., Cherednichenko, V.P., & Golovchanskiy, I.Ye. (1990). Geomekhanika okhrany vyrabotok v slabometamorfizirovannykh porodakh. Kyiv, Ukraina: Naukova dumka.
- Zborshchik, M.P., & Nazimko, V.V. (1991). Okhrana vyrabotok glubokikh shakht v zone razgruzki. Kyiv, Ukraina: Tekhnika.
- Kovalevska, I., Pilecki, Z., Husiev, O., & Snihur, V. (2019). Assessment of the mutual influence of deformation-strength characteristics of the fastening system elements. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01006. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301006
- Kovalevska, I., Symanovych, G., & Fomychov, V. (2013). Research of stress-strain state of cracked coal-containing massif near the working area using finite elements technique. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 159-163. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-28
- Lozynskyi, V., Saik, P., Petlovanyi, M., Sai, K., & Malanchuk, Ye. (2018). Analytical research of the stress-deformed state in the rock massif around faulting. International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa, (35), 77-88. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/JERA.35.77
- Pisarenko, G.S. (1979). Soprotivlenie vaterialov. Kyiv, Ukraina: Vyshcha shkola.
- Bondarenko, V., Kovalevs’ka, I., Svystun, R., & Cherednichenko, Y. (2013). Optimal parameters of wall bolts computation in the united bearing system of extraction workings frame-bolt support. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits 2013, 5-9. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-3
- Anur’ev, V.I. (1980). Spravochnik konstruktora-mashinostroitelya. Moskva, Rossiya: Mashinostroenie.
- Kyrychenko, Y., Samusia, V., & Kyrychenko, V. (2012). Software development for the automatic control system of deep-water hydrohoist. Geomechanical Processes during Underground Mining – Proceedings of the School of Underground Mining, 81-86. https://doi.org/10.1201/b13157-14
- Baklashov, I.V. (1988). Deformirovanie i razrushenie porodnykh massivov. Moskva, Rossiya: Nedra.
- Bulychev, N.S. (1982). Mekhanika podzemnykh sooruzheniy. Moskva, Rossiya: Nedra.