Features of legal support for the operation of small atypical Ukrainian coal mines under contractual conditions of a public-private partnership
Roman Kirin1, Sergii Hryshchak2, Oleksandr Illarionov1
1V. Mamutov Institute of Economic and Legal Research of NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, 03057, Ukraine
2Dnipro University of Technology, Dnipro, 49005, Ukraine
Min. miner. depos. 2020, 14(2):128-137
Full text (PDF)
Purpose is to study and develop the economic and legal model of small atypical coal mines basing upon the analysis of the operations under contractual condition of public-private partnership as well as upon adequate legislative and engineering support in the context of pressure of internal and external factors.
Methods. The study has been carried out with the use of economic and legal approach being the evaluation of actual techno-economic activities of the two market participants, i.e. small atypical mine and state-owned mining enterprise, identification of their interaction problems and determination of obstacles preventing from their cooperation. Component two of the approach is the analysis of available (legal) mechanisms for regulatory management of relations between the two market participants as well as formulation of appropriate proposals to conclude such an economic agreement which would satisfy demands and involve governmental interests and interests of a private investor (partner).
Findings. It has been determined that economic contracting under the conditions of engineering as well as procedural and institutional operational dependence of a small atypical coal mine, and hypothetical liquidation of a state-owned coal mining enterprise is possible under the conditions and in accordance with the procedure by the legal system of Ukraine. A type of agreement concerning mutual provision of services with the required appendices has been identified to normalize production activities, to control operational safety, and to minimize the socioeconomic results of such potential conservation (liquidation) of unpromising mines.
Originality.Innovative model of legal support for a small atypical mine establishment and operation has been developed which has never been formulated in such a proposed manner in Ukrainian scientific sources, and in the foreign ones.
Practical implications.The study results may be applied to develop business relations in the context of a coal industry, i.e. to establish small atypical mines, to solve the severe socioeconomic, investment, and environmental problems of coal mining Ukrainian regions with unpromising mining objects, and to exercise influence on the contents of a concept aimed at extraction industry reforming as well as its implementation plan.
Keywords: small atypical mine, state-owned coal mining enterprise, public-private partnership, contractual terms
- Jarosz, J. (2009). Prawne i ekonomiczne aspekty procesu likwidacji kopalñwêgla kamiennego w Polsce. Zeszyty Naukowe Instytutu Gospodarki Surowcami Mineralnymii Energi Polskiej Akademii Nauk, (75), 59-69.
- Paszcza, H. (2010). Procesy restrukturyzacyjne w polskim górnictwie wĉgla kamiennego w aspekcie zrealizowanych przemian i zmiany bazy zasobowej. Górnictwo i Geoiniynieria, 34(3), 63-81.
- Amosha, О.І., Rassuzhdai, L.М., & Poliansky, V.V. (2009). Foreign practices of coal industry restructuring and its results in Ukraine. Ekonomika Promyslovosti, (5), 199-205.
- Maldynova, A., Osmanov, Z., & Galiyev, D. (2018). Formation of marketing strategy for promoting an innovative product. Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, 13(7), 1951-1958.
- Kopaty po-novomu. Yak modernizuvaly shakhty u Yevropi. (2014). Retrieved fromhttps://lb.ua/economics/2014/12/15/289367_kopati_ponovomu_yak_modernizuvali.html
- Mining Law of Ukraine of 06.10.1999 #1127-XIV. (1999). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1127-14
- On the features of coal mining enterprise privatization: The Law of Ukraine of 12.04.2012 #4650-VI. (2012). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4650-17
- On the recognition of the Concept of Reformation and Development of Coal Industry for the Year of 2020: Ordinance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 24.05.2017. (2017). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/733-2017-%D1%80
- On the Urgent Measures to Implement Reforms and Secure the State: The Decree of the President of Ukraine of 08.11.2019 #837/2019. Uriadovy Kurier of 13.11.2019, (217).
- Amosha, О.І., & Bardas, А.V. (2009). Features of liquidation of coal mines in the context of old industrial regions. Ekonomika Promyslovosti, (3), 34-37.
- Serdiuk, О.S. (2012). Alternative approaches to restructuring of Ukrainian coal branch. Naukovi Pratsi NDFI, (3), 115-121.
- Bardas, А.V. (2010). Ecological and economic evaluation of the potential to extract residual coal reserves by small mines. Efectyvna Ekonomika, (6).
- Kirin, R. (2019). Statutory and regulatory requirements in the process of mineral mining in Ukraine. Review and analysis. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(2), 59-65.https://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.02.059
- On the Public-Private Partnership: The Law of Ukraine of 01.07.2010 #2404-VI. (2010). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2404-17
- On the Lease of the State-Owned and Municipal Property: The Law of Ukraine of 03.10.2019 #157-IX. (2019). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/157-IX
- On the Concession: The Law of Ukraine of 03.10.2019 #155-IX. (2019). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/155-20?find=1&text
- Subsoil Code of Ukraine of 27.07.1994# 132/94-ВР. (1994). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/132/94-вр
- The Urgent Measures to Implement Reforms and Secure the State: The Decree of the President of Ukraine of 08.11.2019 #837/2019. (2019). Uriadovy Kurier of 13.11.2019, (217).
- On the Approval of Safety Rules in Coal Mines of 16.11.2004 #257: The Order of the State Committee of Ukraine for Supervision of Labour Protection of 16.11.2004 #257. (2004). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0327-05
- On the Approval of Safety Rules in Coal Mines: The Order of the State Committee on the Occupational Safety, Labour Protection, and Mines Inspectorate of 22.03.2010 #62. (2010). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0398-10
- Civil Code of Ukraine of 16.01.2003 #435-IV. (2003). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/435-15
- The Procedure for Liquidation of unprofitable coal mining and coal processing enterprises approved by the Resolution of the CMU of 27.08.1997 #939 (as amended). (1997). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/939-97-п
- Economic Code of Ukraine of 16.01.2003 #436-IV. (2003). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/436-15
- List of Hazardous Activities (NPAOP 0.00-4.12-2005) approved by the Order of the State Committee of Ukraine on Labour Safety Supervision of 26.01.2005 #15. (2005). Kyiv, Ukraine. Retrieved fromhttps://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0232-05
- Project for Liquidation of Coal Mines in Ukraine. Composition and Contents of the Project Approved by the Order of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine of 16.11.2004 #721. (2004). Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Instruction on the Procedure of Liquidation and Conservation of Enterprises Engaged in Mineral Extraction (as for the provision of safety, efficient use, and subsoil protection) approved by the Decree of Gostekhnadzor of the USSR of 11.07.1985 #28 (NPAON 00.0-5.05-85). (1985). Kyiv, Ukraine.