Substantiation and process design to manufacture polymer-concrete transfer cases for mining machines
Leonid Krupnik1, Kasym Yelemessov1, Baurzhan Beisenov1, Dinara Baskanbayeva1
1Institute of Metallurgy and Industrial Engineering, Satbayev University, Almaty, 50013, Kazakhstan
Min. miner. depos. 2020, 14(2):103-109
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. To determine efficient polymer-concrete composition and to develop a process design to use the material to manufacture transfer cases for mining machines operating under very heavy conditions to improve their strength, durability, and operational economy.
Methods. Compositions of polymer-concrete being tested have been applied to manufacture models being the bars with 40×40 section and 160 mm length. The models were produced by series in threes by means of the mixture placing in the special metal moulds. A sample of the polymer-concrete mixture to manufacture the models was taken from the central share of the batch. The polymer-concrete mixture was placed and compacted within the moulds in accordance with the regulatory requirements. To accelerate solidification, the models were warmed-up in a drier at 80°C temperature. Strength tests of the solidified models were performed using hydraulic press PGM-50MG4 according to regulatory requirements.
Findings. Technological capability and expediency of the polymer concrete use to manufacture transfer cases operating under heavy conditions have been identified. The material has a number of advantages: less weight of the product, high strength and resistance to corrosive media. Methods of the efficient portioning of such a polymer-concrete mixture have been developed; stress-strain properties of the mixture after solidification have been defined; effect of rotational speed of the mixer effector and mixing time on the production of the mixer having homogenous characteristics. Transfer case TS-250 has been manufactured and tested which demonstrated positive results.
Originality.New regularities of the effect of temperature of initial components, rotational speed of the mixer effector, and plastifier consumption on the polymeric-concrete mixture have been identified. The abovementioned is required for the development of efficient method to manufacture transfer case components.
Practical implications.Optimum composition of polymeric-concrete mixture has been developed; parameters of the method and operation modes of mixture formation and transfer component casting have been tested. Such castings of transfer cases were produced which supported performance capabilities and efficiency of the process solutions.
Keywords: polymer concrete, transfer case, aggregate, resin, hardener, rotational speed, silagerm, casting, homogenous mixture, isotropic material
- Kang, H.S., Lee, J.Y., Choi, S., Kim, H., Park, J.H., & Son, J.Y., Noh, S.D. (2016). Smart manufacturing: Past research, present findings, and future directions. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology, 3(1), 111-128.https://doi.org/10.1007/s40684-016-0015-5
- Xu, X. (2017). Machine Tool 4.0 for the new era of manufacturing. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 92(5-8), 1893-1900.https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-017-0300-7
- Kolosov, D., Bilous, O., Tantsura, H., & Onyshchenko, S. (2018). Stress-strain state of a flat tractive-bearing element of a lifting and transporting machine at operational changes. Solid State Phenomena, (277), 188-201.https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/ssp.277.188
- Vlasova, E., Кovalenko, V., Kotok, V., & Vlasov, S. (2016). Research of the mechanism of formation and properties of tripolyphosphate coating on the steel basis. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5(5(83)), 33-39.https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79559
- Koblischek, P.J. (1991). Polymer concrete as an alternative material for grey cast iron and welded steel construction in the machine tool industry. Brittle Matrix Composites, (3), 529-538.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-011-3646-4_56
- Jain, A. (2012). Polymer concrete: Future of construction industry. International Journal of Scientific Research, 2(11), 201-202.https://doi.org/10.15373/22778179/nov2013/64
- Jo, B.W., Park, S.K., & Kim, D.K. (2008). Mechanical properties of nano-MMT reinforced polymer composite and polymer concrete. Construction and Building Materials, (1), 14-20.
- Wongpa, J., Kiattikomol, K., Jaturapitakkul, C., & Chindaprasirt, P. (2010). Compressive strength, modulus of elasticity, and water permeability of inorganic polymer concrete. Materials & Design, 31(10), 4748-4754.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2010.05.012
- Goryacheva, V.A., Kreshchik, A.A., Khristoforova, I.A., & Khristoforov, A.I. (2015). Sovremennoe sostoyanie proizvodstva polimerbetonov. Mezhdunarodnyy Studencheskiy Nauchnyy Vestnik, (3-2), 230-231.
- Khristoforov, A.I., Khristoforova, I.A., Guyumzhdyan, P.P., & Glukhoedov, V.V. (2004). Polimerbeton na osnove polivinilkhloridnogo svyazuyushchego. Izvestiya VUZov. Khimiya i Khimicheskaya Tekhnologiya, 47(1), 159-160.
- Solomatov, V.I. (2004). Tekhnologiya polimerbetonov i armopolimerbetonnykh izdeliy. Moskva, Rossiya: Nauka.
- Babin, L.O. (2000). Prognozirovanie mekhanicheskikh svoystv polimerbetonov. Avtoreferat dissertatsii. Lipetsk, Rossiya: Lipetskiy gosudarstvennyy tekhnicheskiy universitet.
- Krupnik, L., Yelemessov, K., Bortebayev, S., & Baskanbayeva, D. (2018). Studying fiberreinforced concrete for casting housing parts of pumps. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6(12(96)), 22-27.https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.151038
- Figovsky, O., & Beilin, D. (2013). Advanced polymer concretes and compounds. London, United Kingdom: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.https://doi.org/10.1201/b16237
- Petrov, N., & Baskanbayeva, D. (2018). Reliability estimate of technical systems containingcomposite materials through analysis of the concurrent risks. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research, 6(10), 54-56.
- Khristoforov, A.I., Guyumdzhyan, P.P., Khristoforova, I.A., & Glukhoedov, V.V. (2004). Vliyanie sposoba zalivki na plotnost’ betonov s silikatnym zapolnitelem. Stroitel’nye Materialy, Oborudovanie i Tekhnologii XXI Veka, (4), 52-53.
- Baskanbayeva, D., Yelemessov, K., & Igbayeva, A. (2019). Gearbox bodies made of polymer concrete for mining and metallurgical complex. In Materials of the 2nd International Scientific and Technical Internet Conference “Innovative Development of Resource-Saving Technologies of Mineral Mining and Processing”, 204-207.
- Krupnik, L., Yelemesov, K., Beisenov, B., Sarybaev, E., & Baskanbayeva, D. (2018). Use of air bellows for low-speed drive mechanisms. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 9(11), 1106-1112.
- Barabash, D.E. (2000). Primenenie matematicheskikh metodov planirovaniya eksperimentov dlya optimizatsii sostava polimerbetonov. Voronezhskiy TsNTI, (137), 1-6.
- Adler, Yu.T., Markova, E.V., & Granovskiy, Yu.V. (1976). Planirovanie eksperimenta pri poiske optimal’nykh usloviy. Moskva, Rossiya: Nauka.