Research into the process of storage and recycling technogenic phosphogypsum placers
Viktor Moshynskyi1, Zinovii Malanchuk1, Valerii Tsymbaliuk1, Larysa Malanchuk1, Ruslan Zhomyruk2, Oleksandr Vasylchuk3
1National University of Water and Environmental Engineering, Rivne, 33028, Ukraine
2Educational and Scientific Institute of Automation, Cybernetics and Computer Engineering, Rivne, 33000, Ukraine
3Mechanical Institute, Rivne, 33000, Ukraine
Min. miner. depos. 2020, 14(2):95-102
Full text (PDF)
Purpose. Study of technogenic placers storage conditions using the example of phosphogypsum dumps at PJSC “Rivneazot” by determining the rocks sorption properties, distribution and concentration of elements, as well as substantiation of recommendations for this production waste recycling.
Methods. A series of experimental, laboratory, and full-scale studies of the hydrophysical soils properties have been conducted and the degree of their pollution by phosphogypsum waste under PJSC “Rivneazot” conditions has been revealed. Coefficient of permeability was found using the PVN-OO appliance. Granulometric composition was determined by the method of N.A. Kachynskyi. Mathematical modelling of the elements distribution process within the waste storage was applied. The migration of phosphorus, fluorine, sulphur, copper, chromium, manganese, zinc, lead, cadmium, iron, nickel and cobalt along the profile of artificial soil cross section has been studied. The experimental data were approximated and statistically processed in the MathCad and Microsoft Excel software packages.
Findings. The patterns of rare earth elements distribution in technogenic placers within the mining waste storage have been determined. The authors have developed a mathematical model of the polluting agents’ filtration process through the soil massif. The recommendations are presented on the environmentally safe storage and recycling of phosphogypsum waste. A technology is proposed for the соmprehensive phosphogypsum wastes recycling of anti-radiation building products manufacture, which is accompanied by rare earth elements extraction.
Originality.The main factors and patterns have been revealed that regulate the distribution of rare earth elements in technogenic placers within the mining waste storage, which influence the rocks sorption properties.
Practical implications.Based on determined patterns, the study substantiates the practical possibility for recycling the technogenic placers within the phosphogypsum waste storage and identifying the zones with maximum elements concentration.
Keywords: technogenic placers, elements distribution, mining operations, rare earth metals, phosphogypsum, waste recycling
- Malanchuk, Z., Korniyenko, V., Malanchuk, Y., & Khrystyuk, A. (2016). Results of experimental studies of amber extraction by hydromechanical method in Ukraine. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3(10(81)), 24-28.https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.72404
- Malanchuk, Ye., Korniienko, V., Moshynskyi, V., Soroka, V., Khrystyuk, A., & Malanchuk, Z. (2019). Regularities of hydromechanical amber extraction from sandy deposits. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 13(1), 49-57.https://doi.org/10.33271/mining13.01.049
- Malanchuk, Z., Moshynskyi, V., Malanchuk, Y., & Korniienko, V. (2018). Physico-mechanical and chemical characteristics of amber. Solid State Phenomena, (277), 80-89. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/ssp.277.80
- Popovych, V., & Voloshchyshyn, A. (2019). Features of temperature and humidity conditions of extinguishing waste heaps of coal mines in spring. News of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Series of Geology and Technical Sciences, 4(436), 230-237. https://doi.org/10.32014/2019.2518-170X.118
- Malanchuk, Z., Moshynskyi, V., Korniienko, V., Malanchuk, Y., Lozynskyi, V. (2019). Substantiating parameters of zeolite-smectite puff-stone washout and migration within an extraction chamber. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (6), 11-18.https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2019-6/2
- Petlovanyi, M.V., & Medianyk, V.Yu. (2018). Assessment of coal mine waste dumps development priority. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (4), 28-35. https://doi.org/10.29202/nvngu/2018-4/3
- Sazonets, I., & Malanchuk, L. (2015). A substantiation of economic feasibility of the development of copper deposits in Rivne-Volyn region. International Journal of New Economics and Social Sciences, 2(2), 116-120. https://doi.org/10.5604/01.3001.0010.4733
- Cherniaiev, O.V. (2017). Systematization of the hard rock non-metallic mineral deposits for improvement of their mining technologies. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 11-17.
- Falshtynskyi, V., Dychkovskyi, R., Saik, P., & Lozynskyi, V. (2014). Some aspects of technological processes control of an in-situ gasifier during coal seam gasification. Progressive Technologies of Coal, Coalbed Methane, and Ores Mining, 109-112. https://doi.org/10.1201/b17547-20
- Lozynskyi, V., Saik, P., Petlovanyi, M., Sai, K., Malanchuk, Z., & Malanchyk, Ye. (2018). Substantiation into mass and heat balance for underground coal gasification in faulting zones. Inzynieria Mineralna, 19(2), 289-300.http://doi.org/10.29227/IM-2018-02-36
- Medvedieva, O., Lapshyn, Y., Koval, N., Zeynullin, A., & Gupalo, O. (2020). The resource-saving technology to restore the accumulation ability of tailing ponds. E3S Web of Conferences. Preprint.
- Sai, K., Malanchuk, Z., Petlovanyi, M., Saik, P., & Lozynskyi, V. (2019). Research of thermodynamic conditions for gas hydrates formation from methane in the coal mines. Solid State Phenomena, (291), 155-172. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/SSP.291.155
- Lushnikova, N., & Dvorkin, L. (2016). Sustainability of gypsum products as a construction material. Sustainability of Construction Materials, 643-681. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-08-100370-1.00025-1
- Trofymchuk, O., Kreta, D., Myrontsov, M., Okhariev, V., Shumeiko, V., & Zagorodnia, S. (2015). Information technology in environmental monitoring for territorial system ecological assessment. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, (4), 79-84. https://doi.org/10.17265/2162-5298/2015.02.003
- Ludyn, A.M., & Reutskyy, V.V. (2019). Creating the basis of non-exhaustive technology of cyclohexan oxidation. Chemistry, Technology and Application of Substances, 2(2), 91-96. https://doi.org/10.23939/ctas2019.02.091
- Strishenets, O., & Tesliuk, M. (2016). The Regional dimension of the waste management in volyn and rivne regions. Economic Journal of Lesia Ukrainka Eastern European National University, 8(4), 72-76. https://doi.org/10.29038/2411-4014-2016-04-72-76
- Haletskyy, L., Petrova, L., & Polska, L. (2004). Tekhnohenni vidkhody – potentsiyni dzherela utvorennia tekhnohennykh pokladiv. Visnyk Donetskoho Tekhnichnoho Universytetu, (1), 505-513.
- Horlytskyy, B., Hubina, V., & Turov, V. (2004). Tekhnohenni rodovyshcha: deyaki pryntsypovi osoblyvosti ta kryterii vyznachennia. Heokhimiia ta Ekolohiia, (9), 114-117.
- Haldar, S.K. (2013). Mineral exploration – case histories. Mineral Exploration, 287-322. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-416005-7.00001-5
- Agapova, L.Y., Ponomareva, E.I., & Abisheva, Z.S. (2001). Production of concentrated rhenium acid by electrodialysis of rhenium salts solutions. Hydrometallurgy, 60(2), 117-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0304-386x(00)00192-4
- Abisheva, Z.S., Bochevskaya, E.G., Zagorodnyaya, A.N., Shabanova, T.A., & Karshigina, Z.B. (2013). Technology of phosphorus slag processing for preparation of precipitated silica. Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering, 47(4), 428-434. https://doi.org/10.1134/s0040579513040027
- Cánovas, C.R., Macías, F., Pérez López, R., & Nieto, J.M. (2018). Mobility of rare earth elements, yttrium and scandium from a phosphogypsum stack: Environmental and economic implications. Science of the Total Environment, (618), 847-857. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.08.220
- Reznik, A.M., Rozen, A.M., & Abisheva, Z.S. (1976). Effect of organic-solvents on cesium extraction by para-alkylphenols. Zhurnal Neogranicheskoi Khimii, 21(4), 1140-1142.
- Abisheva, Z.S., Blaida, I.A., Ponomareva, E.I., & Rozen, A.M. (1995). Effect of amine structure on gallium extraction from hydrochloric acid solutions. Hydrometallurgy, 37(3), 393-399. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-386x(94)00016-v
- Yanxia, L., Lei, Y., Yajun, C., Saud, S., Jingjing, L., Hui, Y., & Liyuan Zhao. (2016). Landscape transformation in mining wastelands. Journal of Northeast Agricultural University (English Edition), 23(1), 83-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1006-8104(16)30036-8
- Jha, M.K., Kumari, A., Panda, R., Rajesh Kumar, J., Yoo, K., & Lee, J.Y. (2016). Review on hydrometallurgical recovery of rare earth metals. Hydrometallurgy, (161), 77-101. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2016.01.003
- Abisheva, Z.S., Karshigina, Z.B., Bochevskaya, Y.G., Akcil, A., Sargelova, E.A., Kvyatkovskaya, M.N., & Silachyov, I.Y. (2017). Recovery of rare earth metals as critical raw materials from phosphorus slag of long-term storage. Hydrometallurgy, (173), 271-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2017.08.022
- Pavlychenko, A., & Kovalenko, A. (2013). The investigation of rock dumps influence to the levels of heavy metals contamination of soil. Annual Scientific-Technical Collection – Mining of Mineral Deposits, 237-238. https://doi.org/10.1201/b16354-43
- Sokolov, V.A., & Udalov, I.V. (2017). Mineral and raw material base of agronomical ore in Kharkiv region. Visnyk of V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University – Series Geology, Geography, Ecology, (47), 206-210. https://doi.org/10.26565/2410-7360-2017-47-27
- Naduty, V., Malanchuk, Z., Malanchuk, E., & Korniyenko, V. (2015). Modeling of vibro screening at fine classification of metallic basalt. New Developments in Mining Engineering 2015, 441-443. https://doi.org/10.1201/b19901-77
- Malanchuk, Z., Moshynskyi, V., Malanchuk, V., Korniienko, Y., & Koziar, M. (2020). Results of research into the content of rare earth materials in man-made phosphogypsum deposits. Key Engineering Materials, (844), 77-87.
- Vlasova, E., Кovalenko, V., Kotok, V., & Vlasov, S. (2016). Research of the mechanism of formation and properties of tripolyphosphate coating on the steel basis. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5(5(83)), 33-39. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79559
- Mohamed, A.-M.O., & Paleologos, E.K. (2018). Stability and safety of engineered barrier systems for waste containment. Fundamentals of Geoenvironmental Engineering, 361-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-804830-6.00011-9
- Wang, S., Zhang, H., Zou, Z., Wang, P., & Yu, T. (2015). Potential risk analysis of tailings dam under preloading condition and its countermeasures. Journal of Engineering and Technological Sciences, 47(1), 46-56. https://doi.org/10.5614/j.eng.technol.sci.2015.47.1.4
- Moshynsky, V. (2001). Modern water conditions in the northwest part of Ukraine: An analysis. Water Engineering and Management, 148(4), 22-26.
- Pivnyak, G., Beshta, A., & Balakhontsev, A. (2010). Efficiency of water supply regulation principles. New Techniques and Technologies in Mining, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1201/b11329-2
- Moshynsky, V., & Riabova, O. (2013). Approaches to aquatic ecosystems organic energy assessment and modelling. NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security, 125-135. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-6152-0_12
- Popovych, V., Voloshchyshyn, A., Rudenko, D., & Popovych, N. (2019). Geochemical properties of water under the waste heaps in Chervonohrad mining region. E3S Web of Conferences, (123), 01035. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/201912301035
- Malets, I., Popovych, V., Prydatko, O., & Dominik, A. (2018). Interactive computer simulators in rescuer training and research of their optimal use indicator. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Data Stream Mining and Processing, DSMP 2018, 558-562. https://doi.org/10.1109/DSMP.2018.8478486
- Chui, Y.V., Moshynskyi, V.S., Martyniuk, P.M., & Stepanchenko, O.M. (2018). On conjugation conditions in the filtration problems upon existence of semipermeable inclusions. JP Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 15(3), 609-619. https://doi.org/10.17654/hm015030609
- Kuzlo, M.T., Moshynskyi, V.S., & Martyniuk, P.M. (2018). Mathematical modelling of soil massif's deformations under its drainage. International Journal of Applied Mathematics, 31(6), 751-762. https://doi.org/10.12732/ijam.v31i6.5
- Bomba, A., Tkachuk, M., Havryliuk, V., Kyrysha, R., Gerasimov, I., & Pinchuk, O. (2018). Mathematical modelling of filtration processes in drainage systems using conformal mapping. Journal of Water and Land Development, 39(1), 11-15. https://doi.org/10.2478/jwld-2018-0054
- Malanchuk, Z., Korniienko, V., Malanchuk, Ye., Soroka, V., & Vasylchuk, O. (2018). Modeling the formation of high metal concentration zones in man-made deposits. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 12(2), 76-84. https://doi.org/10.15407/mining12.02.076
- Dychkovskyi, R.O., Lozynskyi, V.H., Saik, P.B., Petlovanyi, M.V., Malanchuk, Ye.Z., & Malanchuk, Z.R. (2018). Modeling of the disjunctive geological fault influence on the exploitation wells stability during underground coal gasification. Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 18(4), 1183-1197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acme.2018.01.012
- Naduty, V., Malanchuk, Z., Malanchuk, Y., & Korniyenko, V. (2016). Research results proving the dependence of the copper concentrate amount recovered from basalt raw material on the electric separator field intensity. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5(5(83)), 19-24. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.79524